multiple Untitled windows

T

Touch Base

A friend of mine has a Dell Inspiron notebook with a new install of Windows 2000. The installation was done by somebody else. When he tries to open a .pps file from an e-mail, the browser (both Firefox and IE) starts to open multiple Untitled windows, one after the other. You have to click on 'Stop', or the thing keeps going forevever, then you have to shut each window separately.

Any ideas?

S

Steve Parry

A friend of mine has a Dell Inspiron notebook with a new install of Windows
2000. The installation was done by somebody else. When he tries to open a
..pps file from an e-mail, the browser (both Firefox and IE) starts to open
multiple Untitled windows, one after the other. You have to click on 'Stop',
or the thing keeps going forevever, then you have to shut each window
separately.

Any ideas?

http://tinyurl.com/3nend

T

Touch Base

| Save it first and then try opening it. You do have the viewer installed?
|
| Touch Base wrote:
|
| > A friend of mine has a Dell Inspiron notebook with a new install of Windows 2000. The installation was done by somebody else. When he tries to open a .pps file from an e-mail, the browser (both Firefox and IE) starts to open multiple Untitled windows, one after the other. You have to click on 'Stop', or the thing keeps going forevever, then you have to shut each window separately.
| >
| > Any ideas?

Thanks Bob,
It was suggested that all these browser windows would not open if the file association was correct and/or the correct program for viewing was installed. We are looking in to it and will report back.

Ask a Question