Multiple problems with internet

G

*Keep getting Auto Disconnect Countdown (this never happened w/ my previous ISP...switched in Jan 04). Haven't been able to find where to go to disable Auto Disconnect...checking off Disable in the countdown window itself hasn't worked. It's a pain when you're downloading & not @ you're PC...but, this is the least bothersome problem of the 4

!!!*Random disconnect from internet & disapearance of browser!! Sometimes occures once in a few days...other times it can be 5X in 10 min.. It's EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! I'm going nuts loosing info. that I had worked on for hours in a blink of an eye REPEATEDLY! It's brought me to tears. Is that my WinXP Internet Explorer crashing? What can I do

!!*Taskbar showes online status, if I click on the icon it also showes I'm online. But, when I click on a link or want to send an email it showes a message that I "need to be online" to perform what ever comand I was trying to give it (this happens even in Win Media Player when I try to get album info. online for CD's on my PC)...then I get an option to connect @ which point Taskbar icon showes that the connection was just now dropped. If I log back on or even Restart the PC & try to do the same thing over again I get the same message & get kicked offline again, it just goes on in a circle

!*Outlook Express won't send out my email. Showes this message: "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: Official notice to all Earthlink.net users!', Account: 'EarthLink', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B". My other email add. sends out the same email just fine. This started recently

~I've had my PC 17 mo./bought brand new-custom/Compaq Presario 6000/WinXP Home Edition 2002 serv.pac. 1/Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU/2.53GHz/512MB RAM
~Help on any of these...esp. the random disconnect...is apreciated
~Thanks to all, MiSt*iQuE

L

LB

MiSt*iQuE said:
*Keep getting Auto Disconnect Countdown (this never happened w/ my
previous ISP...switched in Jan 04). Haven't been able to find where to go to
disable Auto Disconnect...checking off Disable in the countdown window
itself hasn't worked. It's a pain when you're downloading & not @ you're
PC...but, this is the least bothersome problem of the 4.

From I.E. menu, Tools > Internet Options. Connection Tab. Settings button
beside your connection name. Near bottom look for Advance button and click.
Remove check mark beside "Disconnect if idle....."

!*Outlook Express won't send out my email. Showes this message: "An
unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: Official notice to all
Earthlink.net users!', Account: 'EarthLink', Server:
'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0B". My other email add. sends out the same email just fine.
This started recently.

Contact Earthlink's tech support or support page and verify the outgoing
(SMTP) server name and that you have your account name entered correctly.
(In O.E. menu, Tools > Accounts. Mail tab. Properties, then Servers tab.

Ask a Question