Multiple Language Bin Files in Temp Folder

Edna

WXP Pro SP2 w all Updates, MS Office 2007, WMP 11, QuickBooks, Quicken ,
Norton Internet Security, Ad-Aware Paid Version, JV Power Tools, SpyBot,
Spyware Blaster, Spyware Dr, Irfanview, CCleaner, EasyCleaner.

In Doc & Set\Name\Local Settings\Temp\ I have an eBay and Google and WPDNSE
(related to WMP I think) folders AND ... 25 language BIN files. Checking the
Properties on these files doesn't reveal which program they're from.

In Control Panel\Regional: English Canada. Language Default: English
Canada Keyboard US.
Under the Advanced Tab I have enabled "Turn off Advanced Text Services".

In Office 2007 I have English Canada enabled as the editing language.

I think I've checked for language choices in everything installed and if a
choice is given I only install English Canada and on some English US for
News.
I'm now thinking maybe it's a setting in the Services section but I failed
to find a setting relative to languages.

I have spent hrs in my unsuccessful search to find where these files derive
from so I can get rid of them.

Old Codger \(NM\)

I have English set as the language but also find multiple the same problem
as you. I sure would know to know a solution too.

Old Codger

Edna

I posted this query some months ago and it too didn't garner even one
suggestion.
There's many with this problem so whoever making the discovery could sell it
and retire early.
Which Sound Card are u using? Let's compare.
I'm using Realtek High Definitiion Audio V10.0.5.127, Driver V5.10.0.5433
Dated 14Jun07 being around the time I noticed these little critters.

I read a reference in my many Searches that leads me to this but it was over
my head and now I'm unable to find it again.
I'd like to experiment with shutting it down, etc, but the high possibility
of creating problems I'm unable to handle makes me leary of doing so.

Given time hopefully someone knowledgeable will step in with a few
suggestions.

Edna

Thx Bob for commenting. I'm rather looking for a way to prevent them from

Old Codger \(NM\)

I have Realtek too in my new Dell. Not happy with its setup so have been
tinkering to get rid of a lot of the mess to make it cleaner. I check each
time I finish to see if the problem still exists - still there. The pc came
with Nero and it is a pain. Perhaps???

Edna

GREAT! Dell would be a perfect place to start. They've definitely must of
heard of this from their Users. Tell the Tech that you've read a refernce to
the Realtek Sound Card and they'll test it out if they haven't already.

You get on that and I've just emailed Realtek and let u know of their
response.

Oh Old Codger, you've got me so excited, we might be on our way to finding a
solution! We'll sell the solution it on a $5.00 CD and retire to the
Islands. LOL

Bob I

When you install something, the install files get "unpacked" to a "temp
folder" somewhere and then the installation copies the needed files to
the destination directory. The temp folder should be cleaned out by the
installer, BUT that doesn't always happen. In this case you may do it
yourself manually as described, OR run Disk Cleanup, OR just ignore it.
The only way to "prevent" them from appearing in the first place, is
to NOT install anything.

Edna

No No No These are not setup files from a new install. I've had these files
for months. Normally I clean out Temp files usually 2 or 3 times a week but
lately, likely 10 times a day as I search in vain for the program spewing
these files out after I delete them and reboot.
If you got this impression from my post, then my post isn't explicit. Maybe
that's the reason it's not getting any response from the usually helpful
MVP's and other knowledgeable participants to this Board.

Edna

Did u have any luck with Dell T/S? Did they offer any suggestions/ideas?
I didn't receive a reply from Realtek. So disappointing that they didn't
even deny the problem was theirs.

Bob I

Perhaps you have initiated an install that is not completing? If they
are being put back, then something is running at startup to put them
there. Perhaps open MSCONFIG and review what's there in the Startup tab
and see if there is something related to "realtek".

Edna

It is in MSConfig Startup as deletion of Temp contents, Reboot, they've
returned as Realtek Sound loads, if indeed it is the culprit. As I'm not in
favour of deleting sound from Startup even to try for fear of damage, I'll
live with it until I locate the exact feature. Thx anyway for your
participation.

Edna

FOUND: In MY Systray I have the Realtek HD Audio Manager Icon.
CLICK: Sound, Click on the little "i" for Information lower left.

BEHOLD: There's a Language choice. Mine was set on Auto resulting in all
languages to load as language.bin files in the Temp folder.

CHOSE: a "SPECIFIC" language, ie NOT AUTO, Click OK.

REBOOT: Those aggravating little critters are GONE!

It's amazing the Pleasure a Novice can get from a click of the Mouse!

I've spent HOURS over a period of MONTHS searching program features to get
rid of these BIN files and the solution took less than 2 mins. Even when I
read on the Net that the suspect was Realtek I hadn't noticed that little "i"
in the corner until just now. I guess I'll ALWAYS be a Novice!

Hope you see this Old Codger!

Old Codger \(NM\)

I didn't have the icon showing in the tray but after a bit of poking and
peeking, I found the critter and it was set the same as yours. I made the
change tot he setting from Auto to English and all is well on my little
mountain top.

Old Codger

Edna

I'm glad I gave u a few hours of Joy but try to refrain from Jumping off that
Mountain Top when u Reboot and check Temp. Like you, I only tested it once
as I was in a hurry to leave. I returned and Rebooted to give myself a
little needed Joy and found the Critters had returned to Roost.

I then Disabled Realtek, Rebooted and again they were gone. Next time I
Rebooted Realtek Enabled itself to Startup and Yes they were back.

As I prefer not to live without Sound, I'll have to live with these
Poachers.

One thing we can be certain of is it IS Realtek spewing them into the Temp
folder.

It's terrible that Realtek wrote such a sloppy program and won't even reply
to queries as to a solution to prevent their language bin files from loading.

To be sure I'm never going to buy another Realtek Sound Card.

What I find strange is there must be thousands of Realtek Sound Cards being
used so why is it there's so few complaints being posted in Forums.
As such, there must be one specific component or program or combination of
such, that we're Blessed with that's activating these Realtek language files.

Did u ever get around to asking a Dell Tech? There's a good chance they've
Tested because of enquiries and have come up with a solution. Worthy of
making an enquiry anyway.
I'm fully spent as to finding a solution. Post back with any ideas and I'll
do the same.

Old Codger \(NM\)

I spoke too soon. They returned here too, however, I turned my pc totally
off last night and when it booted this morning, they were gone. A complete
power down seemed to do the trick vs a reboot. Good luck!

Old Codger

Edna

My Computer was turned off last night too. A Shut down or a Reboot, makes no
difference here. Again today I've been experimenting but haven't come upon
the right combination - if one even exists.
My Realtek Audio Driver Version is 5.10.0.5433. Driver Date: 14/06/07.
What is Yours?
My IE View\Encoding is on Western European (Windows) I've just changed from
Unicode (UTF-8) No I have no idea what this means or if there's any chance
of the settings affecting Realtek not so far anyway.
Too bad for us that one of the MVP's doesn't have this problem as a solution
would soon be found. ...

Old Codger \(NM\)

5.10.0.54.25, older than yours.

Edna said:
My Computer was turned off last night too. A Shut down or a Reboot, makes
no
difference here. Again today I've been experimenting but haven't come
upon
the right combination - if one even exists.
My Realtek Audio Driver Version is 5.10.0.5433. Driver Date: 14/06/07.
What is Yours?
My IE View\Encoding is on Western European (Windows) I've just changed
from
Unicode (UTF-8) No I have no idea what this means or if there's any
chance
of the settings affecting Realtek not so far anyway.
Too bad for us that one of the MVP's doesn't have this problem as a
solution
would soon be found. ...

Bob I

Maybe the next time "realtek" updates their drivers, they will fix the
problem. Until then perhaps just ignore it, as the amount of drive space
is not a big deal.

BoB

I appreciate the info from your conversations. I had to unhide my
RealTek icon but I too am rid of those returning language files.

BoB

I spoke too soon. They returned here too, however, I turned my pc totally
off last night and when it booted this morning, they were gone. A complete
power down seemed to do the trick vs a reboot. Good luck!

Old Codger

"Edna" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Snip