Multiple instances

Thore Berntsen

I just had a problem with an application I am working on. I turned out
that the problem was that I had two instances of my application
running at the same time. I belived that this shouldn't be possible,
or is this is wrong?

It is a .NET CF 2.0 application running on Intermec 741 with Windows
Mobile 2003.

Thore Berntsen

Kay-Christian Wessel

This is possible. You need to enumerate the prosesses running to check if
your app is already running, and then activate it if it does.

Kay

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

In theory, the Windows Mobile devices prevent second instances of
applications from being started. However, there are some situations, even
on those devices, where you can sneak a second instance into the system.

On generic Windows CE devices, you're always able to run multiple instances
of a process, unless you explicitly write your own code to prevent that.

If you're sure that this device is a WM device, then it sounds like you're
running into a situation where you're getting by the intended functionality
of the framework. As the other poster indicates, you can check for a
startup.

Paul T.

Thore Berntsen

Thank you. I have only seen this once and found it a bit weird. I will do
what you suggests if this becomes a problem.

Thore

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT