Multiple Folders in Outlook

When I open Outlook2003 (latest updates, etc.), it auto displays Mail in my
Navigation Pane on the left, with the two sub-displays of Favorite Folders
(only listings in this are: Inbox, Unread Mail, For Follow Up, & Sent Items)
and All Mail Folders (listings now include 2 folders named +Archive and 1
folder named +Personal Folders ... the "+" is simply the usual click-on to
display their own sub-folders). In the All Mail Folders sub-pane, the
subfolders under each of the 3 listed folders are, in order:
*First +Archive--> Deleted Items, Drafts, +Inbox
(+Newsgroups-->+news.comcast.giganews.com (NNTP) in Archive-->[2 folders
representing 2 subscribed newsgroups]), Junk E-mail, Norton AntiSpam, Outbox,
Sent Items, +Search Folders-->For Follow Up, Large Mail, Unread Mail;
*Second down +Archive--> Deleted Items, Drafts, +Inbox
(+Newsgroups-->+news.comcast.giganews.com (NNTP) in Archive-->[2 folders
representing 2 subscribed newsgroups]), Junk E-mail, Norton AntiSpam, Outbox,
Sent Items, +Search Folders-->For Follow Up, Large Mail, Unread Mail;
*Third down +Personal Folders--> Deleted Items, Drafts, +Inbox
(+Newsgroups-->+news.comcast.giganews.com (NNTP) in Archive-->[2 folders
representing 2 subscribed newsgroups]), Junk E-mail, Norton AntiSpam, Outbox,
Sent Items, Search Folder ... no subfolders for this one.
For the life of me, I don't see how this came about. I did try ... 3 times
.... using the Help-->Detect and Repair task, but no change. I have also
tried, multiple times, dragging and dropping into the Favorite Folders Pane,
the specific folders I want displayed there and removing the Unread Mail and
For Follow Up folders that are there which I do not want there, but on exit
and re-entry into Outlook, it is back to the problematic way it was before.
Suggestions as to how I can most simply get back to the simplicity of one
set of folders PLUS having changes "stick" in place with continuity? Thanks!

Roady [MVP]

If changes made to the Navigation Pane don't stick start Outlook with the
/resetnavpane switch.
If you want to display all folders and not just your mail folder switch to
Folder List Navigation instead of using Mail Folders Navigation.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data