MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB927978) will not install

I keep getting the notice that I have a window update to install. It is
always for the "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB927978)" update. I select
install and it appears to install; but, shortly afterward the update notice
re-appears.

Is there any way to get this update to install and stop setting the update
notice?

Windows Update notice keeps coming back said:
I keep getting the notice that I have a window update to install. It is
always for the "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB927978)" update. I select
install and it appears to install; but, shortly afterward the update notice
re-appears.

Is there any way to get this update to install and stop setting the update
notice?

Does ever installed, try to see the folder for it here:
C:\Program Files\MSXML4.0 it will be under MSN Gaming Zone (going
alphabetically).
If it is there then you need to perform this step:
Try this:
Open windows explorer and locate this path:
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution = Look in the right pane/window and delete
all folders there.

Then Go to the MS website updates and instead of selecting Express, select
Custom Updates.
There uncheck the MSXML4.0 and also check the sub-check box for never show
again click Review and Install updates and if there are any updates install
them, if there is not, close the Page and Reboot your computer, does this
help.
HTH.
nass
===
www.nasstec.co.uk

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Mow's blog -

http://mowgreen.castlecops.com/archives/2007/01/fix_kb927978_and_kb925672_repe.html

FIX: KB927978 and KB925672 repeatedly reoffered

Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

--

TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia

"Windows Update notice keeps coming back" <Windows Update notice keeps coming