Windows XP (.MSWMM) extentsion problem

Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help. received a dvd home movie thing but my media player will not play as it says the (.MSWMM) extension is not supported.how can i convert this dvd into something that i can actually watch without having to ask the creator to redo it in a format i can watch

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You need to open that file in "Windows Movie Maker" - you should have that somewhere on your start menu with XP. You can then save as or convert it to a WMV/AVI/MPG file in movie maker :)

Reaction score
hello again i've just tried that, and now it tells me that it was created by a version of movie maker that is not supported. any way round that one?????

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
unfrotunately whoever made the video didn't do it properly, what they have sent you is bascially a file that contains the info for the files and transitions etc that have been used and what has been done to them to make them into a video

what you need to do is get them to export it into a video file, it will take a couple of hours depending on the lenth and quality but that is what needs to be done for you to view the video

what they need to do is open up the file they've sent you with windows movie maker, then go to file> save movie file

this will give them the options on quality to render it as, location to save it to etc

Ask a Question