MSP Files Are Killing My Disk Space

Andres Galdames

Hi Everyone,

I have two hard drives in my machine. One of them is only 20GB, and
not surprisingly I have been getting low disk space errors. My
question is that when I took a look, it seems that MORE THAN HALF of
this disk space is being taken up by the .msp files. Is that normal?

To be a bit more specific there are about 11GB of files with .msp
files that from my limited knowledge are some sort of installer files.

Do I need to keep these? Which ones can be deleted. Thanks for your
time!

Unknown

Those file are from various Microsoft update and used for uninstalling
updates. However, double check to make sure they are as many as you say. Do
a search files for .MSP. There shouldn't be any more than about 11 Megs.
Nowhere near 11 GB.

Andres G

Those file are from various Microsoft update and used for uninstalling
updates. However, double check to make sure they are as many as you say. Do
a search files for .MSP. There shouldn't be any more than about 11 Megs.

Actually, you read that correctly! It is in fact 11GB. There are
HUNDREDS of these on my disk. I checked the folder properties and
even downloaded WinDirStat to visualize it. I can't for the life of
me figure it out?

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?1L/UIE13cw==?=

Do you have Microsoft Office? If so, it's most likely culprit of the very large
ones.

Andres G

Do you have Microsoft Office? If so, it's most likely culprit of the verylarge
ones.

"Andres G" wrote in message

Thanks for everyone's help. I was able to get this resolved. In case
anyone experiences this themselves I found out that I could delete
them with no harm (knock on wood) so long as they were older ones. I
got rid of the ones that were dated before the reboot of my computer.