Windows 7 MSOFFICE email links "cancelled"

Reaction score
A friend just gifted me with Win 7...everything went well for a month, then a suddenly the links to webpages became blocked. The error message is:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

To my knowledge, I am the "system administrator". I confirmed that IE is the default browser...altho, temporarily I used Google Chrome. I was requireded to delete that program so our timeclock program for our employees would correctly upload hours to the web.

Does anyone know where this error message comes from and how I can remove the restrictions for my hyperlinks in email?

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem when accessing my mail through Outlook but the links work when I get the mail through BT Yahoo. I await your answer with bated breath!!

Reaction score
Re my last message, I should have said I am using Vista although it is obviously the same with both our OSs.

Ask a Question