Windows 7 Cannot follow links on emails

Reaction score
Help got a problem with emails and internet sites such as PCR, when there is a link and I click on it I get this Message " This operation has been canceled due to the restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system adminstrator." Well I administrate this PC and I was not aware that ihave done anything on the setup that would restrict its use. Can any one help.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
There is a Microsoft Hotfix HERE (the same page also contains instructions for fixing it manually if you prefer.)

Hope it will help. :)

Reaction score
:thumb:Thanks TC you are an angel:bow: I have tried the automatic and the manual methods but unfortunatly nether have worked:cry:. So I guess I will have to get my techi friend in to have a look at it, but thank you for you help.:bow:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww, sorry to hear it didn't do the trick Bootneck. But I expect one of our PCR chums will be passing this way soon; they will hopefully be able to offer a more helpful solution. :D

Reaction score
:lol:Whoopy found the trouble TC and all fixed it was Default Programs and go to set program access and set defaults for this computer, and click on Microsoft defaults:thumb:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
that means your default mail program got changed somehow. if you didn't do that, i would look into a malware scan.

just my thoughts.

Reaction score
Thanks Silverhazesurfer for the tip:thumb:, but since then my C drive packed up and I have had to purchase a new drive so I have had to re install the OS so have not been active on the site for a time. :(

Ask a Question