MSO2003 stationary and signatures

G

Hi @all

using MSO2003 (11.5608.5703) and having created my onw htm stationary, which contains a backround image and following html code for format purposes

<head><style><!-
P.msoNormal, LI.msoNormal
margin:0in
margin-bottom:.0001pt

bod

margin-left: 45px

--></style

Accordingly any text, incl. signatures, within the message body shold be placed at a 45px left margin. That is working fine till the moment I am using signatures containing format tables. The first appearence of any table signature is just fine though by swapping to another signature the text within the table is being pushed lefthand insided the table by 45px, which provides a fairly distorted picture. Furthermore there is no chance of manually reformating the table, hence I cannot even use 2 different email accounts with table signatures. Does someone here has an idea of what causes the problem and/or how to set the table format in order to maintain its format

Cheers

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Have you tried setting styles for the <td> tag? Why can't you manually
format the table?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

KM said:
Hi @all,

using MSO2003 (11.5608.5703) and having created my onw htm stationary,
which contains a backround image and following html code for format
purposes:
<head><style><!--
P.msoNormal, LI.msoNormal {
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
}
body
{
margin-left: 45px;
}
--></style>

Accordingly any text, incl. signatures, within the message body shold be
placed at a 45px left margin. That is working fine till the moment I am
using signatures containing format tables. The first appearence of any table
signature is just fine though by swapping to another signature the text
within the table is being pushed lefthand insided the table by 45px, which
provides a fairly distorted picture. Furthermore there is no chance of
manually reformating the table, hence I cannot even use 2 different email
accounts with table signatures. Does someone here has an idea of what causes
the problem and/or how to set the table format in order to maintain its
format?

G

Hi Sue

I did not try the <td> tag yet but will give it a shot

I do not know why I cannot format the table manually within the email message. It seems as if there is a tabulator been set, however it does not show any

Cheers

G

Hi Sue

just put the <td> in place, but it does not resolve the issue. I do not know whether you have the time to have a look into the html code but if so here there are (i have xxx cerain parts) - by the way having the same phenomen with the standard build-in stationaries of MS where having a background picture with a right sided border e.g. Tech Toold and Notebook. It does not happen though with plain background pictures where no 'margin left' is written into the stationary's html, e.g. Pine Lumber and Paw Print. Unless I have some bad coded html I think of this as a glitch in the MSO suite
By the way there is another question I would like to ask - why the stationary is not being applied to message which are forwarded and/or replied, respectively whether there is a way to do so

code for the stationar

<html><head><style><!-
bod

margin-left:10mm
margin-top:0mm

--></style></head><body background="Email1.gif" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"></body></html

code for the singatur

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><title>OOIK full</title></head><body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"><p><b><i><font face="Arial" color="#333399">Sincerely,</font></i></b></p><address><b><i><font face="Arial" color="#333399">XXXXX</font></i></b></address><div align="left"><table border="0" width="289" height="133" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse"><tr><td height="21" width="289" colspan="2" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600"><b>XXXX</b></font></td></tr><tr><td height="14" width="126" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>Office Phone</b></font></td><td height="14" width="147" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>XXXX</b></font></td></tr><tr><td height="15" width="126" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>GSM Phone</b></font></td><td height="15" width="147" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>XXXXX</b></font></td></tr><tr><td height="19" width="126" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>Fax Middle East</b></font></td><td height="19" width="147" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>XXXX</b></font></td></tr><tr><td height="11" width="126" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>Fax Europe</b></font></td><td height="11" width="147" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>XXXXX</b></font></td></tr><tr><td height="4" width="126" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>Fax North America</b></font></td><td height="4" width="147" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>XXXX</b></font></td></tr><tr><td height="7" width="126" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>Email</b></font></td><td height="7" width="147" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>XXXX</b></font></td></tr><tr><td height="7" width="126" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>Address</b></font></td><td height="7" width="147" align="left" valign="top"><font color="#FF6600" size="2"><b>XXXX<br
XXXX</b></font></td></tr></table></div></body></html>

Ask a Question