Windows Vista Msnconfig

Reaction score
was adviced to go to msnconfig to take Google EULA of at start up but have been into my start menu and cannot find msnconfig at all
Please help as i cannot get rid of the Google EULA notice

Thanks
Paule

Reaction score
See below.
happywave.gif
Hiya

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
msgonfig is a diagnostic tool, it ain't supposed to be used to cure problems, only aid you in finding what is causing the problem.

I've never seen a "google eula" starting up before ... what program did you abort while installing it?

Need more info on what bit of Google you been trying out ... :nod:

Viv, you get a smack on the wrist. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Viv, you get a smack on the wrist. :rolleyes:

Whoops me a naughty boy again.
I should have read it slower:nod: I thought he were trying to enter msconfig and not mess the PC up.... Smack smack.....:blush:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
msgonfig is a diagnostic tool, it ain't supposed to be used to cure problems, only aid you in finding what is causing the problem.
its right

Reaction score
Hiya,

I think Google EULA is either part of google desktop search or maybe 'Chrome.' To run MSCONFIG go to the start and run command and type it in, then go to the startup tab and you will see everything that runs on startup and can uncheck it as needed. Please note though - you can stuff your pc up completely, so wouldnt advise you to tinker unless you want a broken PC and lost data.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Reaction score
The run command is not shown as default in vista just type msconfig into the search box and then click on msconfig when it shows in the search box,

But you may find out that Google will put itself back in the start-up list

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The trouble with most people is ... they don't take time to learn what they are using. Especially when it come to their OS. ;)

Take some time out ... and learn. :thumb:

Attachments

• custom.JPG
    custom.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 173
Reaction score
mfletch said:
f_18032009143m_0c54cfb.jpg

This is mine

Erm and this is mine as shown on 5 different machines, and this image coes form the 6th that I have just installed Vista on.....
wallbash.gif

Attachments

• run.jpg
    run.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 191

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
FWIW it's not shown on mine either, Home Premium, minimal tinkering, UAC still enabled.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
The trouble with most people is ... they don't take time to learn what they are using. Especially when it come to their OS. ;)

Take some time out ... and learn. :thumb:

I know how to put it in the list I was just stating that it was not there as default {why are you so patronizing towards a newish member } or do you always throw your dummy out,

laughingsmiley.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
mfletch said:
or do you always throw your dummy out,

laughingsmiley.gif

As a relative newby you'll soon get to learn Mucks can throw what he likes out of his cot...But I have just had a lil look..On Machines that have Vista Home Basic "Run" is not shown as default, where as on "Premium" it is..And after having spoken to a few Vista freaks it also depends on if you have done and upgrade or a fresh new install..How that works I don't know though....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, mine is Vista Home Premium, fresh install, all updates applied (on automatic update) and as I mentioned previously, UAC enabled.

Yet mine doesn't show the Run option either.

Not that I need it really...

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Well, mine is Vista Home Premium, fresh install, all updates applied (on automatic update) and as I mentioned previously, UAC enabled.

Yet mine doesn't show the Run option either.

Not that I need it really...

Mine are all fresh aswell..Quite confusing this is....The joys of MS I suppose...Ah well sh*t happens.....

Reaction score
Mine is home premium so don't know why some show and some don't as default

Im sure muckshifter has broad shoulders and can take a little banter now and again :nod:

Ask a Question