MSI X99S MPower Motherboard

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KitGuru check out the MSI X99S MPower Motherboard, which comes in at just under £200:

Overclocking capabilities revolve around the well-fed twelve phase power delivery system comprised of MSI’s Military Class 4 components. There’s also the OC Essentials kit which includes convenient tools such as onboard buttons, voltage check points, and a debug LED. And let’s not forget about dual BIOS chips for redundancy.

But don’t let a price tag which puts the MPower near X99′s entry-point fool you; MSI still manages to cram in support for 3-card SLI/CrossFire, a 32Gbps M.2 connector, SATA Express, and Audio Boost sound. Users also get a selection of worthwhile accessories, such as cable labels, a door hanger, the motherboard schematic, and a brief overclocking guide.

Read the rest here:http://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/luke-hill/msi-x99s-mpower-motherboard-review/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
"competitively-priced option" :eek:

£200 for just a motherboard :eek:!

Reaction score
I think its for the hardened enthusiast. Jo blogs for example would just laugh and think no way am I paying that much

The most I have paid is £155 just for the MB

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's not uncommon now for top of the range boards to be priced at £200 +

I was actually looking at that board earlier this evening, there's currently £15 off OCUK's usual price of £165 for it Here

I thought it would go nicely with this CPU, a little cheaper than most options as it doesn't have built in graphics, which I as a gamer wouldn't be interested in anyway: Quad core 3.7Ghz

And with this memory, cheapest 16Gb DDR4 I could find: Crucial it all comes to

£563 (plus postage)

Not too bad a price for what you get but you'd also need a cooler for the CPU and speaking for myself, still not worth upgrading from my first gen i7 atm.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I think I paid £250 for my "gen3" motherboard, and that included the CPU and 8MB memory.

I really don't see the point in these 99s ... just yet.

Nice board, always like MSI stuff.

:user:

Ask a Question