MSI X99S GAMING 7 Motherboard

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
TechPowerUp have a new review of the MSI X99S GAMING 7 (Intel LGA 2011v3) Motherboard, based on the X99 Express chipset.

Intel's X99 Express platform revolves around the new LGA2011-3 socket, an updated design with new drive features and support for the latest in memory technologies, DDR4. In fact, that "S" in the MSI X99S GAMING 7's name stands for the inclusion of one of those technologies still yet to break ground in enthusiast space, SATA Express. There has been a lot of contention in the weeks and months before the launch about what these newest technologies actually have to offer, and since this is a motherboard instead of a CPU review, you unfortunately won't find much information directly related to those particular subjects, but you will find a few performance benchmarks that in some way reflect what you might get out of Intel's latest. So without any further ado, let's take a closer look at the MSI's X99S GAMING 7.

Read the rest here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/X99S_GAMING_7/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I swear it getting harder to keep up.... When did X99 come out!? lol

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I cringe when I see the word "gaming" in a review header. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question