.msi for Pocket PC?

max

In
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/netcfdeployment.asp
they talk about "1-click" to build an .msi package for Pocket PCs, but
I think it's still a long way off.

This article talks about "Custom Installer Components", where are
these?

How do you add the "installer componet as Install or Uninstall" in the
setup project?

When I add "setup" to the project all I get is the "Detected
Dependencies" not all the CABs in the example.

Is there a more clear step by step approach to building the deployment
package for Pocket PCs?

Thanks,
--max

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/ezsetup/?en

Ken
----------------
<max> wrote in message In
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/netcfdeployment.asp
they talk about "1-click" to build an .msi package for Pocket PCs, but
I think it's still a long way off.

This article talks about "Custom Installer Components", where are
these?

How do you add the "installer componet as Install or Uninstall" in the
setup project?

When I add "setup" to the project all I get is the "Detected
Dependencies" not all the CABs in the example.

Is there a more clear step by step approach to building the deployment
package for Pocket PCs?

Thanks,
--max

max

Thanks Ken,

I'm going to go through the code. I would like to understand what has
to take place to get the code loaded. The MSDN article is close, but
it's missing a couple of steps I'd like figure out. Have you (or
anyone else) got any ideas of where to look???

Thanks again.
--max

Cor Ligthert

Max,

You are ofcourse welcome here, however in your situation with this question
I would sure ask in the newsgroup
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

I hope you find your answers soon

Cor