MSE question

Jeff Stanton

How good is Microsoft Security Essentials? I'm currently using Norton. Does
MSE provide all of the needed protections: anti-virus, anti-spam,
anti-phishing, firewall, etc.? I'm going to move to Windows 7 soon, and I
don't want to use Norton.
Jeff

poppop3x

?I've been using it since it came out and haven't had any problems so far.

"Jeff Stanton" wrote in message
How good is Microsoft Security Essentials? I'm currently using Norton. Does
MSE provide all of the needed protections: anti-virus, anti-spam,
anti-phishing, firewall, etc.? I'm going to move to Windows 7 soon, and I
don't want to use Norton.
Jeff

Tester

MSE is the best application thus far from Microsoft which an intelligent
person can't live without!! Go for it and enjoy!

Jeff Stanton

Can you give me some specifics as to why it "pretty much sucks"? That would
help me make an informed decision.
Thanks
Jeff

Hugh Jorgan said:
It pretty much sucks.
Jeff
firewall, etc.? I'm going to move to Windows 7 soon, and I

Cat_in_awe

Jeff said:
Can you give me some specifics as to why it "pretty much sucks"? That
would help me make an informed decision.
Thanks
Jeff

Jeff
firewall, etc.? I'm going to move to Windows 7 soon, and I

Hugh doesn't know what he's talking about. MSE has worked great for us, and
has gotten great reviews in many places. Just make sure you get the full
uninstaller application (from Symantec) to fully get rid of your Norton.
The regular uninstall isn't sufficient.