MSDE

G

Does microsoft or anyone for that matter have a solution for including MSDE in a XPE runtime image?

K

KM

Nigel,

Yes, we have working MSDE component. The component has all necessary dependencies specified and works stable with Minlogon/Winlogon
images.

G

Hi,

Thanks a lot for quick reply.

I have another query posted with subject "how to develop installer for our product" on May 19, 2004 in this news group. I request you to have a look into that and give us your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
RS

K

KM

RS,

I've seen the thread. There is not much I can add to Slobodan's reply.

You may have a few options of the silent install depending on what is in your image now:

1) DUA. You can use it to deploy your app silently.
2) Windows Installer component . There is some command line arguments for a silent install too.
3) SMS component. SMS client is a very good app-deployment option (a little bit heavy compared, say, to DUA).

etc.

So, it really depends on what has been included (or you may include if you own the image configuration) in to your image.

If nothing mentioned above is in your image, you can just deploy your application files/registry and do whatever the app installer
does in sense of component registrations. Then if you are lucky and you got all the app dependencies in your image, the app should
work.

--
Regards,
KM
Hi,

Thanks a lot for quick reply.

I have another query posted with subject "how to develop installer for our product" on May 19, 2004 in this news group. I request
you to have a look into that and give us your valuable suggestion.

G

KM,

I am looking at a "Courtesy Copy for Reference Purposes Only" of the "Additional Licensing Provisions for Microsoft Windows XP Embedded Runtime Licenses", Paragraph 12, which states:

"COMPANY may not distribute in any manner, nor include in the Image, (i) the Microsoft Data Engine or (ii) The 'setup.exe' file contained in the SQLMSDE folder."

How can I interepret this paragraph in ANY way that lets me use MSDE in my embedded product?

~Desi

Ask a Question