Boarland Interbase

G

I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to integrate Boarland Interbase into XP Embedded? Do you know of an XPe component exists for Interbase? Or is running the install shield for Interbase on the runtime image the only option (just like MSDE).

Any info would be most appreciated,
MalP.

K

KM

MalP,

There is nothing Interbase related in XPe Database/Repository, unfortunately (I'd also be anxious to get my hands on the Interbase
since it may be pretty useful on an embedded device). And this is clear why - Interbase is not MS stuff and, of course, is it not
included in XP Pro.

You may want to double check www.xpefiles.com and if it is not there you will unlikely find the ready-to-go component.

Btw, personally I think that Interbase would be easier to componentize than MSDE (less dependencies, less reg/file entries, more
open structure).

--
Regards,
KM

I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to integrate Boarland Interbase into XP Embedded? Do you know of an XPe component exists
for Interbase? Or is running the install shield for Interbase on the runtime image the only option (just like MSDE).

Ask a Question