Subject: MSCONFIG start up items
From: "Bill" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 6/8/2004 3:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I recently had an influx of adware inserted in my pc and
was able to get on line help to get rid of it. It was
called Newdot~. That name still remains in the start up
items in msconfig. I have unchecked it because on normal
start up I kept getting an error message that file
Newdot~rndl could not be found. To avoid this I selected
custom start up. How can the reference to Newdot be
removed from the start up items list.
Get RegCleaner from www.all-freeware.com . It will allow you to remove the
items and keep a backup in case you remove something unintentionally and want
it back.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Alex Nichol

Rich said:
Bill, check here
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/1080043738

Also, go to Start>Run type: regedit Navigate to
Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run,
RunOnce etc. Look in all these for an entry and delete it.

Note that those will be there only if the item is Checked in MSConfig.
When you uncheck, it gets moved to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SharedTools\MSconfig
as a subkey of either startupreg or startupfolder