MSASCui.exe The application failed to initialize 0xc0000022

I am running Windows 2000 and Windows Defender will only run successfully
under the Administrator logon. It gives the error "MSASCui.exe The
application failed to initialize 0xc0000022" when any other user runs the
program. Please let me know if you need any further info or if you have any
suggestions!

Thanks!

Dave M

in Tools > Options, under Administrator Options what do you have checked or
unchecked?

Dave M

....also see this thread for a GDI+ permissions for Everyone authorization
fix:

From: Eddie
Subject: Error: MSASCui.exe 0xc0000022 when starting Defender Beta 2
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 06:32:02 -0700