MS Antispyware not remembering actions

I have MS Antispyware installed in a domain with XP clients. Clients aren't
administrators of the domain neither of the machines.
When for example they change their homepages in Internet Explorer, a popup
pops up "An Internet Explorer Start Page URL change requires your approval",
so we check "Remember this action" and answer "Allow".
The problems is that, unless I give the users Administrator rights, MS
Antispyware doesn't remember the action and everytime the users reboots the
computer it asks again for "An Internet Explorer Start Page URL change
requires your approval"...
Anyone knows what permissions and where you have to touch to have MS
Antispyware remember the actions?
Or where it saves the actions so I can investigate further?

Thanks in advance,
Ariel
PD: Sorry the crosspost.

I have a very similar problem. I use an administrative account for all
administrative tasks and a regular user account for everything else. Changes
made while using my regular account are seen by MS Antispyware which is great
but they are never remembered which is not so great. If I place my regular
user account in the Administrators' group, no pop up messages upon loging in.
When I remove it from the Admin group, Antispyware is warning me over and
over about the same changes that it seems unable to remember. You wrote that
this problem was answered in another group. Great. This is the first time
that I use newsgroups. I tried to find the other group with the answer but I
can't. Could you point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Bill Sanderson

I would recommend that you upgrade to Windows Defender (beta2)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en

The reason for the reply (answered in another group) was that the Original
Poster in this thread multi-posted this question to several groups. I'd
answered the post in one of the other groups, and didn't take the time to
repeat the answer here.

However, since then, beta2 has been released, which changes my advice--which
at this point is to install beta2.

Thank you very much Bill for your advice. I have performed the upgrade to MS
Defender Beta2 and it did resolve my problem.

Bill Sanderson

Terrific. Glad you found the newsgroup and that we were able to get you
accurate advice.

Newsgroups can be a bit daunting--at first glance, it looks like everyone is
having terrible problems. However, they can also be a great way to get
quick answers for free about current problems with a given product.