MS Access display only 16 color images

Cool Its Me

I am running a win2k server sp4, and when we view our access database,
the images within (they are 256 color .bmp files) show in only 16
colors while the display is at 256 colors, outside the app I can view
these images in their full color depth. Any help would be appreciated.
Sfing!

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your posting here.

The CN=Windows2003Update Schema object is located in:

CN=Configuration, DC=domain,DC=com
+ CN=ForestUpdates
+ CN=Windows2003Update

Please run ADSI Edit tool and expand the above container.

Can you find the "CN=Windows2003Update" object?

As for the support tools, Windows 2000 media contains support tools in the
Support\Tools folder.

More information, you can refer to the following article.

How to Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325379

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Bob Qin
Microsoft Online Partner Support

From: Cool Its Me <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps
Subject: MS Access display only 16 color images
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:45:42 -0700

I am running a win2k server sp4, and when we view our access database,
the images within (they are 256 color .bmp files) show in only 16
colors while the display is at 256 colors, outside the app I can view
these images in their full color depth. Any help would be appreciated.
Sfing!

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for your posting here and please ignore my previous post.

As for your issue, it is by design. Access uses the Paint method to display
images and we could not customize it. So, the quality of images in 256
colors is not good. You may need to use Windows Server 2003 to workaround
the issue.

Thank you again for using our newsgroup!