MP3??

G

I am a new user trying to store my 300+ audio cd's to my hard drive -to maximize space and to ultimately play cd's in my JVC player in my car,
I would like to utilize the MP3 or WMA format

1. What is the best program?- currently I'm using real player and storing the music in "my library"
I also have Gateway Rhapsody, Music Match Jukebox, Windows Media, QuickTime, Nero CreateSmart
and MY Mix by Simple Star. Should I Buy an upgrade(s)
2. I already have about 25 cd's stored. Should I convert to MP3 before I copy to the library and how do I achieve that? Is it automatic
How do I convert the existing files so I don't have to start over. Also the writer seems to be getting slower as I store more music, why
3. If I decide to change programs, is there a way to share info/files from one to another? It seems that the MY Mix program is for editing
mixing, and I think I just figured out how to use that in conjunction with the other programs.

Any Help is highly appreciated, please excuse my computer illiteracy this is my first one, Thanks!

G

Galley

I am a new user trying to store my 300+ audio cd's to my hard drive -to maximize space and to ultimately play cd's in my JVC player in my car,
I would like to utilize the MP3 or WMA format.

1. What is the best program?- currently I'm using real player and storing the music in "my library"
I also have Gateway Rhapsody, Music Match Jukebox, Windows Media, QuickTime, Nero CreateSmart,
and MY Mix by Simple Star. Should I Buy an upgrade(s)?
2. I already have about 25 cd's stored. Should I convert to MP3 before I copy to the library and how do I achieve that? Is it automatic?
How do I convert the existing files so I don't have to start over. Also the writer seems to be getting slower as I store more music, why?
3. If I decide to change programs, is there a way to share info/files from one to another? It seems that the MY Mix program is for editing
mixing, and I think I just figured out how to use that in conjunction with the other programs.

Any Help is highly appreciated, please excuse my computer illiteracy this is my first one, Thanks!!

Your best bet is to use CDex. It's easy-to-use, customizable, and free. CDex
will fetch the track names for you and save the appropriate data in the ID3
tags. Since the data is stored in the file itself, it will be readable by any
program.
CDex can also convert media files from one type to another, but "transcoding" is
discouraged since you will only be making the sound worse. If your files are
not already in MP3 (or the file type of your choice), you should just re-encode
them.
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
I'm not really sure about what you mean by your writer getting slower. The disc
does not run at a constant rotational speed, so that may be what you are seeing.

T

Tiago

Hi
There is better programs eg..Raxio easy cd creator5:-
This allows you to Record the radio,mp3's,old records..etc
Maybe have a look into it,it is a good program but it
doesnt like real player at all(It crashes).

Ask a Question