MP3 Player

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The Zen, definitely.

For £20.00 you get mp3/wma playback, FM Tuner and voice recording. And it runs for 14 hours on one AAA battery. Get a set of four rechargeable AAA cells and a charger and you're in business.

Mp3 files are better quality than wma and with that in mind you'll only get a little over a hundred songs on 512Mb of memory. Unless you're a Napalm Death fan of course, in which case you'll get about 500 songs on it ;)

That may seem like a lot of songs but you'll soon get fed up with such a small storage capacity and be looking to sell your Zen and upgrade. Maybe.

I'd recommend about 4Gb storage capacity to start.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You could look here ,

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/Sandisk-Sansa-MP3-WMA-Player-1Gb-SD-Expandable-pr-19905.html

They have a cheaper one for £8.99 .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
WMA tracks can be up to 1000kb/s + though. It depends on the size they were ripped too. MP3 are always 320kb/s aren't they?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
WMA tracks can be up to 1000kb/s + though. It depends on the size they were ripped too. MP3 are always 320kb/s aren't they?
Nope! ;)

Experiment for yourself ... Quadophile would probably want to use a £200 set of headphones and "rip" his music using Ogg Vorbis ... well, he may do that, these audiophiles are a fanatical bunch. :nod:

Me, I would probably find 128kbps fine to "listen" to. :D

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
It plays WMA how much of a difference is that to MP3?

As mentioned above, the standard setting for a wma file is lower than the standard setting for mp3's, being 64 & 128 respectively.

Rip a few tracks from a CD into both formats and see if you can tell the difference. If you can't, go for wma.

Reaction score
Cheers FBS:thumb:
After chatting to a friend who has the Creative i'm looking at buying, he thinks for £20 it's worth going for & if i then like using it could always buy a more expensive MP3 later.

Edit @ 1845
Got it. copied the music & listening to it now, music sounds fine on it.
Will listen more to it whilst in the gym tomorrow.:D

Last edited:

Ask a Question