MP3 Player sound quality

Reaction score
Leaving all other considerations aside (including price), what is the best mp3 player for sound quality on the market today?
icon7.gif

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
I own the Zen Micro 5GB

:p
Have you found any problem with the battery life on the Zen?

A few of my friends got them from Amazon, and they have all experienced severelly deminished battery life - like no more than 3 to 4 hours. The manual reckons on expecting at least double that, and the machines are only a few months old.

My iPod on the other hand usually gives me a good 8 hours at least, but I'm not biased (am I?);)

Reaction score
Sophie, My sister, had a Zen Neeon 5Gb bought for her for christmas - it was from Singapore because they aren't released here yet... tiny little thing, and of course it broke - the HDD on the inside was making weird clicking and groaning noises and the player was being unresponsive or slow...

Dad called Creative UK and they said that because the Neeon hasn't been released over here, they would replace it if we wanted with a Zen Micro 5Gb. Seems like a sweet deal to me, i think the replacement is more expensive too.

Don't buy a Zen Neeon, they are full of problems. Build quality is shocking too... Generally not a good product. Tsk tsk Creative.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
CITech said:
Have you found any problem with the battery life on the Zen?

A few of my friends got them from Amazon, and they have all experienced severelly deminished battery life - like no more than 3 to 4 hours. The manual reckons on expecting at least double that, and the machines are only a few months old.

My iPod on the other hand usually gives me a good 8 hours at least, but I'm not biased (am I?);)

i used to have a zen micro but got an ipod due to needing more storage space. The reason the battery life is short is that it basically still runs whilst the unit is turned off but i believe that there was a firmware update which fixed that. When i got mine it had 10-12 hours of battery life on it per charge. The zen sounded good aswell but apparently the sony sounds very nice also

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
CITech, sorry mate i just seen your question in this thread! sorry buddy... :blush:

Oh well better late than never.

The battery in mine has been fine, have they tried updating the firmware? Some of the older ones had a bug in the firmware if i remember correctly.

The other thing i did was get a pair of Sony Fontopia headphones, they sound awsome! :D

Reaction score
V_R said:
CITech, sorry mate i just seen your question in this thread! sorry buddy... :blush:

Oh well better late than never.

The battery in mine has been fine, have they tried updating the firmware? Some of the older ones had a bug in the firmware if i remember correctly.

The other thing i did was get a pair of Sony Fontopia headphones, they sound awsome! :D

yep you did the same as me the sound quality is :thumb:

Ask a Question