Moving Terminal services licensing and licensing.

First of all, I tried reading the other posts and searching for faqs but I am
still not clear.
I have a dc running terminal services in application mode for about 30 users
with thin clients. This same server is running the terminal server licensing
server. I want to demote this machine to a member server so I need to move
both the licensing server and licenses. How do I do that.

Do I install the licensing server on the new dc first? Then do I call the
clearing houes to have those reissued and install them on the new license
server?

Your help is appreciated.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

To transfer the licensing server from one system to another, please follow
the steps:

Install terminal Service licensing Server on another Windows 2000 Server
machine,
activate Licensing Server and install license packs. Point all Terminal
Servers to
new licensing server by setting DefaultLicenseServer value.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS

Microsoft Windows 2000 Terminal Services Licensing
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/terminal/tslicensin
g.asp

How to Transfer Terminal Services CAL from One Computer to Another
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248430

Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Licensing
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/termservlic.msp

Technical Overview of Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/termserv.mspx

KB 823313 - Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server licensing issues and
requirements
for deployment
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823313

Hope it helps.