Moving Novell DHCP to windows DHCP

Mike

Anyone know of a way or tool that will help migrate novell dhcp records to a
windows 2000 dhcp server?

I'm not looking forward to typing in several thousand records. ;(

Thanks

Sandy

For dynamic entries, just reduce the lease time on the old DHCP server (to
say 12 hours), and perform the switch over (unload DHCPSrvr.nlm and start
the Windows DHCP Server) at a time of low use (perhaps on a Friday night?).

If you're referring to static entries - I'm surprised you'd have so many
(perhaps lots of printers?).

-Sandy

Michael Bell

The DNS/DHCP Management Console in NetWare supports exporting the DHCP
database. You could then import it into your Windows DHCP server, although I
am not certain if you would have to do any modification of the data prior to
importing.

Mike

Yea, all reservations. We don't freely give out ips, so their assigned via
dhcp.

I'll check out the export list, but I doubt windows can import it.

Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I have the same to do novell dhcp -> ws 2008R2 DHCP with thousands of static IP with unlimited leasing. Is there a way to export/import or a tool to help ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Mike said:
Yea, all reservations. We don't freely give out ips, so their assigned via
dhcp.

I'll check out the export list, but I doubt windows can import it.

news:[email protected]...