moving hardrive to new pc

G

I bought a new pc recently with xp home installed... C:/... My old pc I had xp pro upgraded from 98, so its if fat32. I would like to know if there is a way to have make that hardrive bootable on the new system, as some programs and roms etc wont work on xp home.... D:/.... I can access D:/ though C:/ but some things still wont work. Is there a way to make my old system/ drive boot on this pc.....with or without home..C/: installed, I cannot get it to open, via boot disk, cd or through normal boot. when I try i get options of safe mode, normal mode etc..... but whichever i chose it just makes it reboot, taking me back to where I started. Any ideas please???

G

If Youre transfering a hd from another computer as youre wanting to,its ok bu
not as a bootable hd,youd need to install xp cd,boot to cd,reinstall new copy
the hd gets reformatted new xp install configuredto the computers hardwar
and most important the motherboard.Why not set old drive as slave,retrieve file
from C:

G

the old is is updated from 98 and wont let me boot from disk, and ive lost my 98 disk.
I have slaved it and can access most files but not all, and some program i cant find access exe files, such as virus software etc, and i have some old roms that wont operate under new O/s. old drive was updated to xp pro, and new system has xp home one it. Having been robbed I dont have alot of disks to progams ive used over the years, and from what i have gathered some wont on new xp o/s

Ask a Question