Moving from Windows to Linux

Reaction score
Guys, I would like to hear your opinion on the transition from the Windows operating system to the Linux operating system. What are the nuances? What did you face when you first made the transition from one operating system to another?

Reaction score
Lots of people here love Linux mate
Personally I don't have a clue tbh sorry!

I'm surprised your post has been missed.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, I use both and once you're used to Linux then it's straightforward.

One problem is that you cannot use Microsoft products so you have to search around for some equivalent so, for instance, I use Libre Office on Linux and it is completely compatible.

The other big problem is that there simply aren't the number of programs available to download to Linux and some things that you see are just not available at all. However I have just about always found a work around by googling what I want to know.

Give it a try - you just might get to like it. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Been using linux as my daily driver for a few years now. Use Arch on my main pc and MX-21 on my old ToughBook.

I can recommend MX-21 as good distro for a newcomer to the wonderful world of penguin lovers.

https://mxlinux.org/

You can install MX to a usb and try it out as a Live os before installing to your hard drive. If trying as a Live os then make use of the "toram" feature if you have a decent amount of ram on your pc.

As to linux applications and programs there are thousands available and easily installed. :user:

Ask a Question