Moved folder auditing

H

Hoja, Michael

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can set the minimum amount of auditing for the following:

We have a group of users which several times a month accidently move folders into other folders on a network location on one of our Windows 2000 Servers? I'd like to only audit folders and subfolders. A few stepped instructions would be much appreciated.

I've also considered tieing down the permissions, but all users need to have modify, write and delete permissions to these folders.

Thanks,

Michael

H

Hoja, Michael

Can anyone help me with this please?
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can set the minimum amount of auditing for the following:

We have a group of users which several times a month accidently move folders into other folders on a network location on one of our Windows 2000 Servers? I'd like to only audit folders and subfolders. A few stepped instructions would be much appreciated.

I've also considered tieing down the permissions, but all users need to have modify, write and delete permissions to these folders.

Thanks,

Michael

P

Paul du Toit

Good Day

The only way I can think of right now is by enabling Object Access for success and failures. To setup this feature do the following.
1. Open Domain Security Policy on the Server that contains the Folders
2. Expand Local Policies
3. Expand Audit Policies
4. Double Click the Object Access option and select "Success" and "Failure"

You will now be able to view who access these folders under your security logs in Event Viewer

Regards
Paul du Toit
Can anyone help me with this please?
Hi,

Thanks,

Michael

Ask a Question