Mouse pointer locks up on screen

G

Hi All,

I've recently been experiencing problems with the system going into a mini-hang every few seconds. The mouse pointer stops moving for a couple of seconds at a time, and this is happening two or three times a minute.

I've opened the Windows Task Manager, but there is no obvious increase in any activity, either in CPU usage or any sign of any of the processes rising to match the stall. It doesn't appear to be a screen freeze as the counters on the Task manager are still moving when the pointer freezes.

The problem seems to be happening actross all my applications (Word, Graphics, Web pages and Desktop)

I've got the Norton SystemWorks suite loaded and i've done the full defrag, Windoctor, Disc doctor and antivirus check with nil findings

Any suggestions out there? This is driving me slowly nuts!!!

D

Dr. Len

This may be completely unrelated, but my system started having the exact
same symptoms yesterday. After some tinkering I found out the batteries in
my wireless mouse needed replacing. Could this be the case?

freighterman said:
Hi All,

I've recently been experiencing problems with the system going into a
mini-hang every few seconds. The mouse pointer stops moving for a couple of
seconds at a time, and this is happening two or three times a minute.
I've opened the Windows Task Manager, but there is no obvious increase in
any activity, either in CPU usage or any sign of any of the processes rising
to match the stall. It doesn't appear to be a screen freeze as the counters
on the Task manager are still moving when the pointer freezes.
The problem seems to be happening actross all my applications (Word,
Graphics, Web pages and Desktop).
I've got the Norton SystemWorks suite loaded and i've done the full
defrag, Windoctor, Disc doctor and antivirus check with nil findings.

G

Hi Dr Len

Thanks for your input. I've noticed there's someone else with a similar problem as well..

Unfortunately no....I've got a USB ball mouse fitted right now. I did have a wireless LED mouse fitted up to a few months ago, but found that was useless when playing games for any length of time because - you guessed it...the batteries ran out!!

I'll refit the wireless mouse in case there's a fault with this one and report back

G

Im having the same problem, the mouse pointer locks up on screen. Did you find a solution
I need help to solve the problem too
Thanks

Reaction score
mouse pointer locks up erratically

Hi,
Just bought this compaq CQ70-120US...it seemed fine for the first 6 days and since yesterday the pointer of the mouse seems to lock up for a few seconds regularly as I am browsing or doing other stuff. It is annoying...is this a Vista bug or new PC bug...any insights?

Ask a Question