Windows XP Mouse Middle Button

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope this is an easy one, been googling for a while, can't find the answer :)

When I press the middle (scroll) button on my mouse it switches between running programs. However, I do not want it to do this, I use Firefox and there's options to use the middle button to open/close tabs etc.

So, any idea how I turn off this function, it's starting to bug me... have looked in control panel, doesn't show this function...

any help much appreciated :)

Rufus

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, strange ... did not have to do anything with any of mine ... just press the middle button and I get a new tab.

ah, now then ... that is in Linux and works with no problems ... I just tried my Windows box and I cannot get it to work.

I have a Logitech Mouseman Wheel mouse and I cannot get Windows to "see" the correct mouse ... and so it thinks there is no middle button. :rolleyes:

ah-ha, the KVM switch is interfering with Windows's ability to see the mouse correctly ... or should I rephrase that and say Logitech's software does not "see" the correct mouse ... ha, good job I don't use Windows.

;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it should be under the mouse settings in the control panel if not then you may have some additional software maybe ?

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm also running a logitech mouse. There's nothing in the control panel... no hope then ?

Rufus

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
RufusW said:
I'm also running a logitech mouse. There's nothing in the control panel... no hope then ?

Rufus
Dunno ...

But as I said, in Linux I can use, or not, the middle button ... now here's the rub, my Logitech MX700 is automatically installed in Linux, Windows don't know what I have and I ain't swapping it over for the Mouseman. :p

I cannot get Windows to detect and use the correct mouse ... and I have even tried the original drivers, it used to work before. :rolleyes:

What mouse & what are the drivers?

Ask a Question