Windows 7 Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting. Finding solutions! [Solved]

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Recently bought and installed Win 7 64 bit since since the RC is going to be shut down soon. It works just fine with the exception that my mouse (Logitech G5) has a tendency of disconnecting and reconnecting quite randomly. As you can imagine, trying to play fast paced games is almost impossible.

Ive already tried a few thing, going into device manager to set it so it doesn't turn off - uninstalling Setpoint software. So far to no avail. Now im going to update my chip-set driver to W7 64 compatible ones, perhaps the first thing i should have done. Lets see if that clears things up.

Anyone else run into anything like this?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Get the latest software from Logitech and install it for the 64 bit version, that should solve your problem hopefully. I had the problem in an office machine and after the installation of the software it became stable. The OS was however Vista on a 64 bit machine.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that i have tried that already. Unfortunately it seems as though they have ceased supporting this mouse as the download link for any drivers for the G5 leads to a dead page. Installation of 64 bit Set point didnt help either.

I have ordered a new mouse, but i was hoping to find a fix for this in case some one else runs into the same problem.

Should also mention, that while typing this... my mouse has disconnected 3 times :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Oh boy, sometimes these upgrades are very costly and go beyond the original budget allocated for the upgrade. Sorry to hear that Alf but yes I too have suffered in upgrades. I had bought the best Logitech mouse at one time and paid $150 for the bundle (keyboard and mouse) now it is just lying there useless.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The connectors are not usb so the newer machines do not support it and now I only use the laptop which only has usb connections.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Nope, updating the chipset didnt work. :\

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Suppose my mouse is calling it quits after 2-3 years. Hopefully it is the mouse..

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ah! breakthrough! It is indeed the mouse, the connections from the wire to the mouse are going bad. Slight pressure on the wire causes the mouse to disconnect.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
So it means that it was not the computer or drivers but the wires?

Ask a Question