mouse and keyborad problem.

Tim

Hi,

I've got a custom built pc- athlonxp 3000+ ,2 gb mem, Windows Vista home
basic .
The problem is the wired keyboard and wireless mouse aren't working. I
swapped out the wireless mouse for a wired one and the problem stayed the
same. Any ideas?

regards,

Tim Vieweg MCP.

Curious

If even with the wired keyboard and mouse you can not even get into your
BIOS at boot time it would be a MOBO problem not a Vista problem.

R. C. White

Hi, Tim.

An MCP should know that we can't even begin to help you without more
information than that. :>(

First, please define "aren't working". Can you start the BIOS utility?
Does Vista boot at all? At what point does it stop (if it does)? Are there
any error messages? What do they say?

What make and model keyboard and mouse? Did you install the beginning
drives from the CD or floppy that came with them?

Lots more questions, but those will do for now.

R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
(e-mail address removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP

Tim

I knew I shouldn't have put the MCP tag! I can get into Windows just fine
with no error messages.
The keyboard is Microsoft and so is the mouse i'll let u know the model
later not by the machine right now.
I installed the drivers a few years ago so I can't remember how I installed
them!
Thats all I know right now.

Thanks for the help.

Tim Vieweg (MCP)!