Mother Board for Gateway Solo 9550 Laptop

New Orleans Louisiana

Mother Board for Gateway Solo 9550 Laptop. Someone how was washed away by
Katrina needs a notebook so I was going to buy a mother board and replace
it.

The mother board will not boot up. Some coffee or gumbo was spilled on the
notebook.

Where are some places to order a mother board?
The Gateway Solo 9550 turns on.
The battery stays charged.
The power adapter works perfect.
Everything looks new.

But, it will not boot past the BIOS screen.
The key board has been changed.

The 20 GIG HD was removed and installed in a 2nd test notebook and it booted
up fine. All the photos / data / was copied from the HD.

The 256 RAM chips has no errors.

This is in # on eBay: Item number: 260037027780
Gateway Solo 9500 Laptop PIII 256 RAM / DVD/Floppy-WRTY

Thanks from New Orleans

Jim Macklin

http://support.gateway.com/support/manlib/index.shtml
Old computer, parts probably hard or impossible to find,
read expensive. Gateway may be only source for parts.

New laptops, with guarantee have fast RAM, big hard drives,
DVD burners, fast CPU and may cost less than the parts and
labor to fix your old Katrina eBay historical artifact.

Buy a new one from Dell or Gateway.

Gateway refurb
http://www.gateway.com/reman/hm_notebook_matrix.shtml
Dell brand new start under $500
http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_basnb?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhsDell www.dell.com"New Orleans Louisiana" <[email protected]>wrote in messageMother Board for Gateway Solo 9550 Laptop. Someone howwas washed away by| Katrina needs a notebook so I was going to buy a motherboard and replace| it.|| The mother board will not boot up. Some coffee or gumbowas spilled on the| notebook.|| Where are some places to order a mother board?| The Gateway Solo 9550 turns on.| The battery stays charged.| The power adapter works perfect.| Everything looks new.|| But, it will not boot past the BIOS screen.| The key board has been changed.|| The 20 GIG HD was removed and installed in a 2nd testnotebook and it booted| up fine. All the photos / data / was copied from the HD.|| The 256 RAM chips has no errors.|| This is in # on eBay: Item number: 260037027780| Gateway Solo 9500 Laptop PIII 256 RAM / DVD/Floppy-WRTY|| Thanks from New Orleans||

Carey Frisch [MVP]

http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP 2007

Enjoy all the benefits of genuine Microsoft software:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.mspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------

:

| Mother Board for Gateway Solo 9550 Laptop. Someone how was washed away by
| Katrina needs a notebook so I was going to buy a mother board and replace
| it.
|
| The mother board will not boot up. Some coffee or gumbo was spilled on the
| notebook.
|
| Where are some places to order a mother board?
| The Gateway Solo 9550 turns on.
| The battery stays charged.
| The power adapter works perfect.
| Everything looks new.
|
| But, it will not boot past the BIOS screen.
| The key board has been changed.
|
| The 20 GIG HD was removed and installed in a 2nd test notebook and it booted
| up fine. All the photos / data / was copied from the HD.
|
| The 256 RAM chips has no errors.
|
| This is in # on eBay: Item number: 260037027780
| Gateway Solo 9500 Laptop PIII 256 RAM / DVD/Floppy-WRTY
|
| Thanks from New Orleans

Jim Macklin

Don't bid on this Notebook as if the motherboard is
OK. I changed the keyboard and it stills does not go past
the BIOS screen so it may be the motherboard. Email your
questions and I will answer everyone.

Windows ME OS on the hard drive with a Legal Original
ME Serial Key Sticker. The case has no scratches, looks new
and is covered by our warranty.

The latch is intact and fully fuctional 2 USB,
Serial, Parallel, PS/2, Audio, etc.

We noticed no bad pixels or scratches on the laptop's
15" display, though we were only in DOS / BIOS.

The laptop comes with the original Power Adapter and
Gateway battery, stays charged and covered by our warranty.
Everything is covered by our warranty except the
motherboard.

The laptop comes with a 20 GIG hard drive and hard
drive IDE connector covered by our warranty, the hard drive
caddy is included. The hard drive booted up completly in a
2nd notebook.

The auction includes a Laptop Case with strap,
Internal CD-Rom and Floppy Disk Drive in the Gateway laptop.

Further technical information may be available via the
web at http://support.gateway.com

For Shipping, UPS ground, $25.00 in USA and $35.00 in
Canada.

Paypal payments and Good luck bidding!

On Oct-04-06 at 12:21:28 PDT, seller added the
following information:

Warranty: Standard 14 day warranty on everything
except the Mother Board.

Thiws seller is a business, eBay rated 80%

message | http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp

| --
| Carey Frisch
| Microsoft MVP 2007
| Windows - Shell/User
|
| Enjoy all the benefits of genuine Microsoft software:
| http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.mspx
|
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------
|
| "New Orleans Louisiana" wrote:
|
|| Mother Board for Gateway Solo 9550 Laptop. Someone how
was washed away by
|| Katrina needs a notebook so I was going to buy a mother
board and replace
|| it.
|| The mother board will not boot up. Some coffee or gumbo
was spilled on the
|| notebook.
|| Where are some places to order a mother board?
|| The Gateway Solo 9550 turns on.
|| The battery stays charged.
|| The power adapter works perfect.
|| Everything looks new.
|| But, it will not boot past the BIOS screen.
|| The key board has been changed.
|| The 20 GIG HD was removed and installed in a 2nd test
notebook and it booted
|| up fine. All the photos / data / was copied from the HD.
|| The 256 RAM chips has no errors.
|| This is in # on eBay: Item number: 260037027780
|| Gateway Solo 9500 Laptop PIII 256 RAM / DVD/Floppy-WRTY
|| Thanks from New Orleans

Jim Macklin

If it displays the BIOS screen, the mobo is probably OK. It
is running Windows ME, so that is a negative and no longer
supported.
There are some bids, nearing $60 for the case.

The OP is a dealer, just trying to spam msnews, he offers a
14 day warranty, he is just trying to boost his hits and
price.

Follow his advice below, "don't bid"

in message | Don't bid on this Notebook as if the motherboard is
> [...]
||| Katrina needs a notebook so I was going to buy a mother
| board and replace
||| it.
||| The mother board will not boot up. Some coffee or gumbo
| was spilled on the
||| notebook.
||| Where are some places to order a mother board?
||| The Gateway Solo 9550 turns on.
||| The battery stays charged.
||| The power adapter works perfect.
||| Everything looks new.
||| But, it will not boot past the BIOS screen.
||| The key board has been changed.
||| The 20 GIG HD was removed and installed in a 2nd test
| notebook and it booted
||| up fine. All the photos / data / was copied from the
HD.
||| The 256 RAM chips has no errors.
||| This is in # on eBay: Item number: 260037027780
||| Gateway Solo 9500 Laptop PIII 256 RAM / DVD/Floppy-WRTY

New Orleans Louisiana

The bids are only up to 60. That is why I want to buy a MB. The case is
worth the 60. The HD is worth 60. The 256 RAM is worth 60.

So, for the Katrina victims I can buy a MB, and replace it, and donate it
instead of giving it away for 60 on eBay.

Or what ?

Jim Macklin

The hard drive old and small, the RAM is old and slow and if
you check prices at retail, a hard drive is $40 for 100 GB
(desktop), RAM is 512 MB for $45, your CPU is old and it
runs ME, it is a door stop or boat anchor, just my opinion.

wrote in message
| The bids are only up to 60. That is why I want to buy a
MB. The case is
| worth the 60. The HD is worth 60. The 256 RAM is worth
60.

| So, for the Katrina victims I can buy a MB, and replace
it, and donate it
| instead of giving it away for 60 on eBay.
|
| Or what ?

in message
| | > If it displays the BIOS screen, the mobo is probably OK.
It
| > is running Windows ME, so that is a negative and no
longer
| > supported.
| > There are some bids, nearing $60 for the case.
| >
| > The OP is a dealer, just trying to spam msnews, he
offers a
| > 14 day warranty, he is just trying to boost his hits and
| > price.
| >

| > Follow his advice below, "don't bid"
| >

| > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message | > | Don't bid on this Notebook as if the motherboard
is
| > | OK. I changed the keyboard and it stills does not go
past
| > | the BIOS screen so it may be the motherboard. Email
your
| > | questions and I will answer everyone.
| > |
| > | Windows ME OS on the hard drive with a Legal
Original
| > | ME Serial Key Sticker. The case has no scratches,
looks
| > new
| > | and is covered by our warranty.
| > |
| > | The latch is intact and fully fuctional 2 USB,
| > | Serial, Parallel, PS/2, Audio, etc.
| > |
| > | We noticed no bad pixels or scratches on the
laptop's
| > | 15" display, though we were only in DOS / BIOS.
| > |
| > | The laptop comes with the original Power Adapter
and
| > | Gateway battery, stays charged and covered by our
| > warranty.
| > | Everything is covered by our warranty except the
| > | motherboard.
| > |
| > | The laptop comes with a 20 GIG hard drive and
hard
| > | drive IDE connector covered by our warranty, the hard
| > drive
| > | caddy is included. The hard drive booted up completly
in
| > | 2nd notebook.
| > |
| > | The auction includes a Laptop Case with strap,
| > | Internal CD-Rom and Floppy Disk Drive in the Gateway
| > laptop.
| > |
| > | Further technical information may be available
via
| > the
| > | web at http://support.gateway.com
| > |
| > | For Shipping, UPS ground, $25.00 in USA and
$35.00 in
| > | Canada.
| > |
| > | Paypal payments and Good luck bidding!
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > | On Oct-04-06 at 12:21:28 PDT, seller added the
| > | following information:
| > |
| > | Warranty: Standard 14 day warranty on everything
| > | except the Mother Board.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Thiws seller is a business, eBay rated 80%
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
in
| > | message
| > ||
| > ||
| > ||

|| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------
| > ||
| > ||
how
| > | was washed away by
mother
| > | board and replace
| > |||
gumbo
| > | was spilled on the
| > |||
| > |||
| > |||
test
| > | notebook and it booted
the
| > HD.
| > |||
| > |||
DVD/Floppy-WRTY
| > |||
| > ||
| > |
| > |

New Orleans Louisiana

I am very impressed with your knowledge. All your neighbors must be cooking
you Cajun Gumbo every week.

wrote in message
| The bids are only up to 60. That is why I want to buy a
MB. The case is
| worth the 60. The HD is worth 60. The 256 RAM is worth
60.

| So, for the Katrina victims I can buy a MB, and replace
it, and donate it
| instead of giving it away for 60 on eBay.
|
| Or what ?

in message
| | > If it displays the BIOS screen, the mobo is probably OK.
It
| > is running Windows ME, so that is a negative and no
longer
| > supported.
| > There are some bids, nearing $60 for the case.
| >
| > The OP is a dealer, just trying to spam msnews, he
offers a
| > 14 day warranty, he is just trying to boost his hits and
| > price.
| >

| > Follow his advice below, "don't bid"
| >

| > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message | > | Don't bid on this Notebook as if the motherboard
is
| > | OK. I changed the keyboard and it stills does not go
past
| > | the BIOS screen so it may be the motherboard. Email
your
| > | questions and I will answer everyone.
| > |
| > | Windows ME OS on the hard drive with a Legal
Original
| > | ME Serial Key Sticker. The case has no scratches,
looks
| > new
| > | and is covered by our warranty.
| > |
| > | The latch is intact and fully fuctional 2 USB,
| > | Serial, Parallel, PS/2, Audio, etc.
| > |
| > | We noticed no bad pixels or scratches on the
laptop's
| > | 15" display, though we were only in DOS / BIOS.
| > |
| > | The laptop comes with the original Power Adapter
and
| > | Gateway battery, stays charged and covered by our
| > warranty.
| > | Everything is covered by our warranty except the
| > | motherboard.
| > |
| > | The laptop comes with a 20 GIG hard drive and
hard
| > | drive IDE connector covered by our warranty, the hard
| > drive
| > | caddy is included. The hard drive booted up completly
in
| > | 2nd notebook.
| > |
| > | The auction includes a Laptop Case with strap,
| > | Internal CD-Rom and Floppy Disk Drive in the Gateway
| > laptop.
| > |
| > | Further technical information may be available
via
| > the
| > | web at http://support.gateway.com
| > |
| > | For Shipping, UPS ground, $25.00 in USA and
$35.00 in
| > | Canada.
| > |
| > | Paypal payments and Good luck bidding!
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > | On Oct-04-06 at 12:21:28 PDT, seller added the
| > | following information:
| > |
| > | Warranty: Standard 14 day warranty on everything
| > | except the Mother Board.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Thiws seller is a business, eBay rated 80%
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
in
| > | message
| > ||
| > ||
| > ||

|| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------
| > ||
| > ||
how
| > | was washed away by
mother
| > | board and replace
| > |||
gumbo
| > | was spilled on the
| > |||
| > |||
| > |||
test
| > | notebook and it booted
the
| > HD.
| > |||
| > |||
DVD/Floppy-WRTY
| > |||
| > ||
| > |
| > |

Jim Macklin

I only eat gumbo at Ralph and Kacos.

wrote in message
|I am very impressed with your knowledge. All your
neighbors must be cooking
| you Cajun Gumbo every week.

in message
| | > The hard drive old and small, the RAM is old and slow
and if
| > you check prices at retail, a hard drive is $40 for 100
GB
| > (desktop), RAM is 512 MB for $45, your CPU is old and it
| > runs ME, it is a door stop or boat anchor, just my
opinion.

| > "New Orleans Louisiana"
<[email protected]>
| > MB. The case is
| > | worth the 60. The HD is worth 60. The 256 RAM is
worth
| > 60.
| > |
| > | So, for the Katrina victims I can buy a MB, and
replace
| > it, and donate it
| > | instead of giving it away for 60 on eBay.
| > |
| > | Or what ?
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>