More Daylight Savings Problems

I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about these, but I have yet another DST
proble. Probably not another, but rather the same as everyone else.

First Win XP Pro machines running Outlook 2002. DST patches applied and
Windows update has run. When viewed with TZEdit, the time zone is corect.
When viewed through Outlook, the current time for the time zone is one hour
greater than the actual time.

Both Outlook and Windows have the Automatically adjust for Daylight Savings
Time checked. I can't get the two times to match. If I reset the clock, it
changes back after a short period.

I've changed time zones and changed back to no avail. There was a message
once that said that the local rules didn't match the server rules and asked
which rule to use. The one user remembered clicking use the rules from the
server, but no one else could remember either way.

I've tried multiple combinations of correcting the time, changing time zones
back and forth and checking automatically adjust for daylight savings time,
but nothing seems to work.

One machine did update and work correctly, so I must be doing something out
of sequence or something. It's driving me mad!

Any help would be greatlly appreciated!

Helen Li[MSFT]

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for using Microsoft Newsgroup.

From your problem description, I understand that the issue that the time
for the time zone in Outlook 2002 mismatches with the system time was
encountered after installing the Daylight Saving Time (DST) update. As I
understand, the "Automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time" options
are checked on both Outlook and Windows Operating System. If I have
misunderstood your concern, please feel free to correct me.

This issue is related to Daylight Saving Time tool, which is not supported
in the newsgroup. To help you resolve this issue, I would like to suggest a
contact with Microsoft Product Support Services via telephone so that a
dedicated Support Professional can assist with this request.

To obtain the phone numbers for a specific technology request, please take
a look at the web site listed below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for
regional support phone numbers.

In addition, I also would like to share the following Web sites with you,
which may help you to resolve the current issue more efficiently.

Update for daylight saving time changes in 2007 for Exchange 2003 Service
Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926666/

How to address the daylight saving time changes in 2007 by using the Time
Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Helen Li,

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?amU3Mzgz?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: More Daylight Savings Problems
| Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:46:20 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about these, but I have yet another
DST
| proble. Probably not another, but rather the same as everyone else.
|
| First Win XP Pro machines running Outlook 2002. DST patches applied and
| Windows update has run. When viewed with TZEdit, the time zone is corect.
| When viewed through Outlook, the current time for the time zone is one
hour
| greater than the actual time.
|
| Both Outlook and Windows have the Automatically adjust for Daylight
Savings
| Time checked. I can't get the two times to match. If I reset the clock,
it
| changes back after a short period.
|
| I've changed time zones and changed back to no avail. There was a message
| once that said that the local rules didn't match the server rules and
asked
| which rule to use. The one user remembered clicking use the rules from
the
| server, but no one else could remember either way.
|
| I've tried multiple combinations of correcting the time, changing time
zones
| back and forth and checking automatically adjust for daylight savings
time,
| but nothing seems to work.
|
| One machine did update and work correctly, so I must be doing something
out
| of sequence or something. It's driving me mad!
|
| Any help would be greatlly appreciated!

Well, I called support and nothing that they tried solved the problem. I was
then told that I wasn't alone and that many people were experiencing the same
problem, that is, even after applying the patches their times aren't correct.
Even worse, if you change the time to be correct, it changes itself back to
the incorrect time.

The technician verified the problem and said that MS engineers were
currently looking for a solution. Meaning I suppose, that they don't know
what is causing the problem.

Since they weren't able to help, they refunded my call.

--
JE

"Helen Li[MSFT]" said:
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for using Microsoft Newsgroup.

From your problem description, I understand that the issue that the time
> [...]

it
| changes back after a short period.
|
| I've changed time zones and changed back to no avail. There was a message
| once that said that the local rules didn't match the server rules and
asked
| which rule to use. The one user remembered clicking use the rules from
the
| server, but no one else could remember either way.
|
| I've tried multiple combinations of correcting the time, changing time
zones
| back and forth and checking automatically adjust for daylight savings
time,
| but nothing seems to work.
|
| One machine did update and work correctly, so I must be doing something
out
| of sequence or something. It's driving me mad!

Dear Jeff,

Many thanks for letting me know this.

First I have to express my sympathy for your experience with PSS these days.

As mentioned in my initial response, the issue is not supported in the
newsgroup so under this situation, it is my pleasure to help you to reflect
these to the proper department.

You also can take a moment to share this with the partner managed newsgroup
lead team in the Partner Feedback newsgroup:

For NNTP readers: Microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback
For web interface: Partner Feedback

We will ensure your thoughts and requests are routed to the appropriate
product group.

If there is any help I can provide on this issue, please feel free to let
me know and I will do my best to help you.

> [...]

| > regional support phone numbers.
| >
| > In addition, I also would like to share the following Web sites with
you,
| > which may help you to resolve the current issue more efficiently.
| >
| > Update for daylight saving time changes in 2007 for Exchange 2003
Service
| > Pack 2
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926666/
| >
| > How to address the daylight saving time changes in 2007 by using the
Time
| > Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
| >
| > Thank you for your patience and understanding.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Helen Li,
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about these, but I have yet
another
| > DST
| > | proble. Probably not another, but rather the same as everyone else.
| > |
| > | First Win XP Pro machines running Outlook 2002. DST patches applied
and
| > | Windows update has run. When viewed with TZEdit, the time zone is
corect.
| > | When viewed through Outlook, the current time for the time zone is
one
| > hour
| > | greater than the actual time.
| > |
| > | Both Outlook and Windows have the Automatically adjust for Daylight
| > Savings
| > | Time checked. I can't get the two times to match. If I reset the
clock,
| > it
| > | changes back after a short period.
| > |
| > | I've changed time zones and changed back to no avail. There was a
message
| > | once that said that the local rules didn't match the server rules and
| > asked
| > | which rule to use. The one user remembered clicking use the rules
from
| > the
| > | server, but no one else could remember either way.
| > |
| > | I've tried multiple combinations of correcting the time, changing
time
| > zones
| > | back and forth and checking automatically adjust for daylight savings
| > time,
| > | but nothing seems to work.
| > |