From: "Jerry Ferrazzano" <[email protected]>
Subject: Monitoring critical processes
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:36:47 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications

Is there a way to have Windows 2000 alert me when my
Norton Antivirus process is not running?
--

Jerry,

Are you asking about the Service, Driver or Program portion of Norton anti-virus? Also, what OS are we running on?

If we are talking about the Service and we are on Windows 2000 or higher you can go to the Properties for the service and
on the Recovery tab set it to run a file. You can then use a batch file to send a pop-up or e-mail or anything else you can
do from a command line.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.