Monitor Recomendations

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I'm on the market for a 17" TFT monitor that would be highly suitable for gaming. My budget is no more than £200!

I have my eye on the Ilyama Prolite E435S-B, its a shade under £200 and has a 10ms response time, which is more than enough for me.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd17.html (9th one down)

Personally i think its worth it, being a good make and looking pretty stylish.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or problems with this monitor? Anything will be useful.

Note: It will be used for mostly gaming, and I would prefer it in black as I own a Dell :).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Looks good, sounds good, reasonable price, But ... you could get a dam good 19" CRT for the same money and have NO problems with any game.

:p

Reaction score
I agree with SM, how about a 19inch CRT?

but to be honest I say u go for a 19inch TFT so it will cost u 50-80 quid more but its worth it too!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reef, I think amazon sell a 19" LCD monitor for around £200 that is supposed to be good for gaming. I can't remember the model number, but check out their site and you may be lucky :)

Are you after a DVI monitor?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If I was in the market for one of those, that's exactly the one I'd go for. Available in black; 10ms response time and has a DVI input as well as VGA. And it's made by Iiyama, who honour their warranty with an at home swap-out service.

Perfect :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
A 19-Inch CRT is prolly the last monitor i would get! Big ugly bulky things, should be exterminated ;).

Anyway, found a nice 17" TFT, 12ms response from Aria for around £145. So i'll probably go for that i should think.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Which one did you get reef? I notice for £146.00 there's an Aria own make and an Iiyama, neither of which appear to have a DVI input.

If that doesn't bother you, then I suppose you've saved yourself fifty quid, but your first choice was a goodie, imo, shame you're not going for that.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm tempted by that first one myself now that I've looked at the specs - comes to £179 which isn't too bad for a 10ms monitor!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I think i will go for the Ilyama, its just pure quality, i think i'd rather be £50 down and have some peace of mind ;).

Ask a Question