Modifying the Start/Programs Menu

Ron Dougherty

When I click Start/Programs, the menu I get is very long,
and I would like to reorganize it- create new subfolders,
move some of the shortcuts into them, delete some of the
shortcuts, and so on. I cannot figure out how to edit the
menu that appears when you choose Start/Programs.

Ramesh [MVP]

Hi Ron,

You can simply drag-drop the shortcuts. Or, open these folders [in Windows Explorer] and re-arrange the shortcuts as you want:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ramesh\Start Menu\Programs
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

When I click Start/Programs, the menu I get is very long,
and I would like to reorganize it- create new subfolders,
move some of the shortcuts into them, delete some of the
shortcuts, and so on. I cannot figure out how to edit the
menu that appears when you choose Start/Programs.

Ron Dougherty

Thank you very much. The piece of the puzzle I was
missing was to look in "All Users", rather than just my
own user section. Thanks again.
You can simply drag-drop the shortcuts. Or, open these
folders [in Windows Explorer] and re-arrange the shortcuts
as you want:
C:\Documents and Settings\Ramesh\Start Menu\Programs
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
How to block Pop-ups?:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Popups.htm

Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm
wrote in message [email protected]...

Ramesh [MVP]

You're welcome, Ron.