Mobo onboard graphics???

Reaction score
If anyones seen my other thread you will know that i have had problems with my graphics card on my newly built pc

Is it possible to actually use the pc without the graphics card as such? This may seem like a silly question but it would be extremely handy if i could just install the OS a few things, skype msn etc. get the pc going then get the graphics card later on.

Is this possible or not do you think?

Thanks =D

PS. I will be getting the graphics card when dabs can re-send it -_-

=D

Reaction score
Roflcopter66 said:
If anyones seen my other thread you will know that i have had problems with my graphics card on my newly built pc

Is it possible to actually use the pc without the graphics card as such? This may seem like a silly question but it would be extremely handy if i could just install the OS a few things, skype msn etc. get the pc going then get the graphics card later on.

Is this possible or not do you think?

Thanks =D

PS. I will be getting the graphics card when dabs can re-send it -_-

=D

Has your MOBO got on-board graphics? blue like this one at the bottom of the I/O

Attachments

• sapphirepeam2rs485_550.jpg
    sapphirepeam2rs485_550.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 175
Reaction score
itsme said:
Has your MOBO got on-board graphics? blue like this one at the bottom of the I/O

Errrrrrrr not sure what i'm looking for there's a lotta blue xD

Here's a piccie of my mobo,

Can you see from that?

Thanks =]

Attachments

• MOBO.png
    MOBO.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 129

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
No it doesn't have onboard graphics, so you won't be able to do much without a graphics card.

Just out of curiosty how come you brought a £100 motherboard and then only spent £37 on the graphics?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It would have made things simpler had you posted this in your original thread.

As things are now I can't be arsed to find the other thread and find out what motherboard you have.

And no, you can't run a computer without a graphics card, that's a dumb question, to be quite honest.

I mean, come on, could you watch a DVD on a DVD player without a monitor or TV?

Much the same kind of scenario, really.

The graphics card translates video signals from a digital source to be displayed on a device whose end display is analogue.

No video card/onboard video chip = no image.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Time to stand up for the little guy here..I think he was msunderstood in his comment..

And as for the comment about hi MoBo not having graphics.."I can't be arsed doing quotes" every motherboard wether you like it or not has onboard graphics..I recomend this place to people who are Dr's in computer Science, because of the fantastic help you get here, But honestly..Saying a MoBo doesn't have graphics...Thats like saying Jack Daniels is alcohol free..How else would you see what you see on the screen..MoBo's are not your average battery toy thats says "Batteris not included"..Can you imagine Asuss sextuplet Xeon MoBo "Graphics not included"..DOH!

Sometimes, the IQ of some members here amazes me :rolleyes:

Listen up, by 'onboard graphics' we mean a motherboard will contain a dedicated IC that has a GPU and the board will have a VGA or DVI socket that you can plug your monitor into. This facility can usually be disabled in the Bios should you wish to add a graphics card if the motherboard has a graphics card slot.

Most motherboards, if not possessing an onboard graphics GPU, will have a graphics card slot and the relevant bus to handle the card's information.

Show me the onboard graphics facility on This motherboard

If you're going to offer a POV here, please don't talk twaddle cos you'll confuse people.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
No it doesn't have onboard graphics, so you won't be able to do much without a graphics card.

Just out of curiosty how come you brought a £100 motherboard and then only spent £37 on the graphics?

Wooooah thanks everyone O_O

And lol i'm 15 years old... Come from a family that is completely computer illiterate... With 1 lesson of IT at school a week with a teacher that can't controll the class... Gimme a break lol

I don't really know... To be honest i don't need Mega graphics. I bought the expensive motherboard so that it will last me for a long time, i can upgrade the graphics when i need to, as can i the Ram etc.

Also by the time i had bought everything else... I didn't have much money left... Schoolboy you see. xD

Sorry if that was the "wrong" thing to do :S

=]

Last edited:
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It would have made things simpler had you posted this in your original thread.

As things are now I can't be arsed to find the other thread and find out what motherboard you have.

And no, you can't run a computer without a graphics card, that's a dumb question, to be quite honest.

I mean, come on, could you watch a DVD on a DVD player without a monitor or TV?

Much the same kind of scenario, really.

The graphics card translates video signals from a digital source to be displayed on a device whose end display is analogue.

No video card/onboard video chip = no image.

Wow... Spurious as this may seem. But i don't know awfully alot about computers "Hint the sarcasm.. Please"

I know it was a silly question i realised soon after, but you replied in quite a rude manner =/

It's like how people commonly misconcept that 10 x 0 is 0 not ten... May seem like an easy mistake to make like that, But when you say "What's 10 lots of nothing, timesd by nothing" it makes the other person seem stupid... I think you gather what i am trying to say here

Thanks =]

Reaction score
murdoch said:
It will be out dated probably in 6 to 12 months.;)

Yeah but i will still be able to upgrade it past other older mobo's

I mean it can take 8gb ram, i wont need that for a while xD

Anyways even if i can't upgrade it, it's fast for what i wanna do O_O

xD

=]

Reaction score
Roflcopter66 said:
Yeah but i will still be able to upgrade it past other older mobo's

I mean it can take 8gb ram, i wont need that for a while xD

Anyways even if i can't upgrade it, it's fast for what i wanna do O_O

xD

=]

Your doing OK fella:nod: , what murdoch means is if you buy any PC component today withing a week it is outdated, there you are all done and dusted;) keep the PC clean inside and it will last you for years:)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok mate, was just asking as it seemed like an odd pairing is all and you don't have to say sorry to people if that is the build you want.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Roflcopter66 said:
Wow... Spurious as this may seem. But i don't know awfully alot about computers "Hint the sarcasm.. Please"

I know it was a silly question i realised soon after, but you replied in quite a rude manner =/

It's like how people commonly misconcept that 10 x 0 is 0 not ten... May seem like an easy mistake to make like that, But when you say "What's 10 lots of nothing, timesd by nothing" it makes the other person seem stupid... I think you gather what i am trying to say here

Thanks =]

Sometimes, just sometimes, I get the hump. I mean, I get exasperated now and again.

You think my reply was rude? Hmm, maybe, maybe.

Anyways, don't take it to heart, I'm just a grumpy old git :)

I still say it would have made things easier to keep all related posts in one thread.

And there's nothing wrong with spending a decent amount of cash on a motherboard, it's the most important component in a system. That and the power supply.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Sometimes, just sometimes, I get the hump. I mean, I get exasperated now and again.

You think my reply was rude? Hmm, maybe, maybe.

Anyways, don't take it to heart, I'm just a grumpy old git :)

I still say it would have made things easier to keep all related posts in one thread.

And there's nothing wrong with spending a decent amount of cash on a motherboard, it's the most important component in a system. That and the power supply.

Haha! I understand... If there's anything that exascerbates my anger the most... It's computers.

And at the moment it's just one thing after another, So sorry for being moany... you're a grumpy old git. I've got hormones going overdrive... Not the best match xD.

Thanks again to everyone =D

Ask a Question