MMCNDMGR.DLL missing or not registered -HELP

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Setup' started by Bruce T, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Bruce T

    Bruce T Guest

    I recently reformated and reinstalled windows 2000 on my
    Dell Insoiron 8000. I had trouble copying MMCNDMGR.DLL
    from the install disk, it may have been damaged so I
    skipped it. All else seems well, I did all the updates.
    When I try to open the device manager I get the following
    pop up message:

    "MMC cannot create a node manager. make sure MMCNDMGR.DLL
    is registered. "

    I located the file on the setup disk and
    copied it into the system 32 folder. I also copied the
    MMCNDMGR.DLL from another computer and pasted it in the
    folder as well. I tried it several ways even tried to
    expand it.
    I think it needs to get registered somehow. I just dont
    know how.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bruce

    Bruce T, Jan 15, 2004

  2. To register a file, go to Start- Run and type the following:

    regsvr32 mmcndmgr.dll

    --
    Tim Newton [MSFT]

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The views and opinions
    expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do not necessarily express
    or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.

    Tim Newton [MSFT], Jan 15, 2004

  3. Bruce T

    Bruce T Guest

    Thanks, I thought I tried that. This time it worked.
    Thanks
    Bruce

    Bruce T, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Bruce T

    josephgarcia

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi,
    http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/mmcndmgr.dll/

    u can go to this site...this will help in case of missing or for downloading dll's or also if there is errors in dll's..!
    I also registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case :)

    josephgarcia, Feb 7, 2011