MMC: Failed to create empty document

Chris Ryan

Hi:

What is the solution to the message, "Failed to create
empty document" when trying to run MMC or do a defrag.
WinXP Pro. The user is a local admin & the environment
variables point to a valid temp directory with plenty of
free space.

Thanks,
Chris

Carrie Garth

| "Chris Ryan" http://www.microsoft.com/communities/privacy.mspx
| wrote in message | What is the solution to the message, "Failed to create
| empty document" when trying to run MMC or do a defrag.
| WinXP Pro. The user is a local admin & the environment
| variables point to a valid temp directory with plenty of
| free space.

According to "Greg Hayes/Raxco Software", this message can
indicate that a registry key required by the application is
corrupt or missing. For reference see the following Google
Groups archived newsgroup post: