MM2 Freezes while saving movie

G

When I choose to save a movie as an avi file MM2 will freeze. It hits 19% and the processor goes from 100% down to 2-5%. The number of minutes until the movie is finish saving increases while the percent done does not. I left it for over 6 hours one night only to find that it was up to over 2000 minutes left to process and was still at 19%. I have 40-50 stills, a quicktime clip converted to mpeg and 2 mpeg2 clips converted to mpeg1. MM2 seems to stall out at the same point which is where the converted quicktime clip starts. My file gets to just over 400mb in size and then it stalls out.

G

More info... I removed the converted quicktime clip and the file finish saving. I came out to just under 2 gigs. It finishes if I save as a WMV file of any kind, just not avi. What's up with that?

G

im having a similar problem, i havent had any problems untill yesterday. i try to save a 3 minute movie and i get 0% nothing moves program just frezzes and im only saving to my computer! what the hell is going on here? also i notice the window where i choose to save it to what file size i want or web etc its all glitchy? i can barely see the little circles where im suppose to select which format? this is rediculus? what is going on microsoft
please someone email me if you found out how to fix this?

Ask a Question