Windows Vista Missing Notification Icons

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me, I totally PC illiterate! At least two icons on the bottom right of my screen have disappeared, The sound Control and the one with the 2 TV screens??. I have tried the Help section on the Pc but have been unable to find how to get these back. Many thanks for anyones help.

Reaction score
jalilley said:
I hope someone can help me, I totally PC illiterate! At least two icons on the bottom right of my screen have disappeared, The sound Control and the one with the 2 TV screens??. I have tried the Help section on the Pc but have been unable to find how to get these back. Many thanks for anyones help.

Welcome to the forum..........
happywave.gif

Right click Start/orb > Properties > And take it from there. You can customize what you want on your task bar. If the icons suddenly vanished though i'd run some kind of Antivirus/MAlware program to rule out any nasties...

Reaction score
Many thanks for your help, I have now got this sorted. Goodness how they disappeared in the 1st place!!

Reaction score
Missing Icons

Madxgraphics said:
Welcome to the forum..........
happywave.gif

Right click Start/orb > Properties > And take it from there. You can customize what you want on your task bar. If the icons suddenly vanished though i'd run some kind of Antivirus/MAlware program to rule out any nasties...

This all follows on Windows updates!

I have had similar problems, following another Vista update my Sound and Network Icons vanished yet again. However when following the procedure above I find the Icons Boxes (to tick) are shaded and will not accept ticks.

Have you any idea how to overcome this continuing problem?

Ask a Question