Missing messages: OL 2007

C

Chris Austin

I recently setup Outlook 2007 at work to use with my personal email system... I set it up with no problems, but forgot to check the "leave messages on server" box... so when I started up Outlook, obviously it downloaded all my inbox messages, erased them from my web-based email, but here's the kicker... None of them show up in my inbox, and I have no idea where they are. The .pst I created is about 3mb in size, so I know they all got downloaded, but even when I create a new PST and try to import the messages from that original pst, none of them come through. And the new pst, with the same messages showing up is less than 300kb, so the first pst has more messages stored in it.

I also had a situation where, Outlook showed it was downloading messages, but they immediately disappeared and never showed up in my inbox. This is what happened with all of my inbox messages to begin with.

Does anyone know how to get these messages out of that pst file?

C

Chris Austin

Just as a followup, I had that "clear categories on mail(recommended)" rule assigned automatically... But even with my inbox set to show all messages, still nothing comes up

C

Chris Austin

one more update:

Outlook Express works fine, downloads messages, even displays all the messages in the PST file that Outlook 2007 could not display... and all of a sudden they're showing up in Outlook 2007, but it still will not send or receive messages. Why would Express work just fine, and 2007 not work at all?

B

Brian Tillman

Chris Austin said:
one more update:

Outlook Express works fine, downloads messages, even displays all the
messages in the PST file that Outlook 2007 could not display... and
all of a sudden they're showing up in Outlook 2007, but it still will
not send or receive messages. Why would Express work just fine, and
2007 not work at all?

No way in the world can Outlook Express show messages in a PST. Perhaps you
mean that OE downloaded and displayed messages that Outlook downloaded as
well but would not display.