missing images and flash player not working!

I use IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.o5o301-1519

and anyway there alot images i cant not see on some pages, for example on
the msn home site www.msn.com i can not see the advertisment to right of the
slide show (news thingy) but i can see the slide show. Also on msn messenger
i cannot see the advertisement thats on the bottom of the window in that. I
can't display winks either in msn messenger.

I am thinking this is because flash player will not install at all. I have
no idea why it wont, but it wont install?

please help thanks. also is there a way to roll back to a previous version
of IE or re-install my current version but especially roll back to a previous
IE would be good !

THANKS!

I have discovered that some flash programs do work but winks in msn messenger
do not. also www.mtv.com will not load all the way it will not display their
navigation bar. and the slide show under it but everything else is displayed?

thanks again!

Don Varnau

Hi,
Some of this may be a Javascript problem.

Some possibilities:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Important...
Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
scripts, scripting, active content. Norton Internet Security and a number of
other programs can be configured to block scripts.

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

Could your HOSTS file be blocking some of this content?
To check the HOSTS file in Windows XP...
Make sure that Windows is showing hidden files and is
not hiding file extensions for known file types then check for a HOSTS file
at [C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc] Open the HOSTS file with notepad. If
there are entries you wish to disable, you can put the pound sign (#) in
front an entry to disable it. Then File> Save. Or you can rename the HOSTS
file to HOSTS.OLD to disable it.
More on the HOSTS file at http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
and http://www.accs-net.com/hosts

Other possibilities:
Go to http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm Look for the "Additional information
from Mike Burgess:
" section.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"JonKnox" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Jon Kennedy

Do you have any toolbar or other helper application that blocks Flash? Some
toolbars that block pop-ups also have a Flash-blocker.

See this site for .reg file to make sure Flash is enabled in the registry:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm - line 363 on the left.
Download to your desktop and double-click to merge to your registry or right
click and choose Merge - or Edit to see exactly what modifications it will
make to your registry.

Check your security settings - Tools...Internet Options...Security tab,
click Internet Zone, click Custom, and make sure automatic downloads are
enabled. Ensure that "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX
controls and plug-ins" are not disabled.

If you are behind a proxy server or are in an administered network
environment - they may be blocking Flash.

If you are trying to install via a web page, try installing via the
downloadable installer:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_msi or
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/killbitblock/flashplayer7_ax.exe

This is a silent installer - you will get no feedback if the install is
successful. You can check for your Flash install status here:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Tools...Manage Add-ons...change menu to "Add-ons that have been used by IE"
and make sure that "Shockwave ActiveX Control" and "Shockwave Flash Object"
are set to "enabled".