    but can not find it in either the System Configuration Utility or the
    Register.

    Should I try to re-install it and then disable it?

    Alti, Nov 18, 2008

  2. Alti

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Can't get accurate help without knowing what version of Windows you
    have. In the meantime, try these troubleshooting procedures:

    Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

    If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
    box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

    Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

    following target path:

    If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
    of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

    Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
    software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare Humanum Est

    Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

    Leonard Grey, Nov 18, 2008