Minimized programs disappear, help!

Hi all, this may sound like a stupid question but my son was playing with the
mouse on my computer and now when I minimize a program such as Explorer it no
long appears in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. I know it is
something simple to fix but I can't figure it out. My quick links are still
there. Help, thanks.

JJ

David Candy

Since I put them all together in that big post I make I forgotten what part fixes what problem.

http://www.uscricket.com
See here for more information how to repair the Taskbar:

Question: The problem is that when the Quick Launch toolbar is selected to display on the Taskbar, none of the icons for the open windows are visible in the Taskbar.

Solution: http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&[email protected]

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi David,

Mark has confirmed that the following worked (from that thread)

<Quote>
Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, Process Tab, end all explorer.exe and iexplore.exe processes .

Type regedit in File - Rum

Delete these three keys.

HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2
HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamsMRU

Back in Task Manager choose Shutdown menu - Reboot.

</Quote>

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message Since I put them all together in that big post I make I forgotten what part fixes what problem.

David Candy

I read it. That's what prompted my observation.

http://www.uscricket.com
[...]

Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The disappearance and reappearance of the Taskbar

Taskbar problems have a nasty habit of appearing after the
installation of a new program. The new program has most
likely modified the registry in order to make use of the
taskbar for its own ends. As with any new medicine there
may be side effects. I encountered the problem of
application disappearance from the taskbar after installing
Norton Internet Security 2006 on two machines which had the
language toolbar locked in the taskbar. Turning off the
language toolbar caused the taskbar to disappear
completely. After grovelling to get it back the taskbar
refused to show minimized program icons. A goolgle search
lead me to this site:-

where tweak "240. Programs Aren't
Minimized in the Taskbar" was found. Running the
downloaded vbs script restored the taskbar to its pristine
state.
It makes sense to have a folder on the desktop which has
shortcuts to a set of your most used programs. This can
also contain a number of links which you will probably only
need to have recourse to in an emergency. The unused
desktop shortcuts folder which Windows XP creates and then
populates occasionally from time to time is useful for this
purpose.

It is also good to remember a couple of legacy windows
(dos) keyboard shortcuts CtrlAltDel remains the most
useful, it brings up the task manager. AltTab invokes a
program selection window in the middle of the screen.

Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi

=?Utf-8?B?b3BlbnNhaWxvcg==?= said:
Hi all, this may sound like a stupid question but my son was playing with the
mouse on my computer and now when I minimize a program such as Explorer it no
long appears in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. I know it is
something simple to fix but I can't figure it out. My quick links are still
there. Help, thanks.

JJ
i am going through the same problem ,please help me.