Migrating data from GoldMine 6.7 to Outlook 2003

G

Has anyone got experience with migrating email messages from GoldMine to
Outlook 2003 mailbox folders? Contacts were able to be exported and imported
okay, but we'd rather not leave the email behind.

G

Thanks for the pointer, Brian. This article only addresses contact data.
I've already been able to bring that across. What I'm looking for is a way
to transfer email messages already received into GM (and possibly calendar
data) to Outlook 2003/Exchange.

Thanks again.
Mark

Reaction score
Mark,

If you find a way to get email from Goldmine to Outlook, PLEASE let me know. I'm reachable at (e-mail address removed), 509-493-2296, or www.hammock.net

I've searched and searched. It seems it's a one way street. If you send me your contact info, I'll let you know if I find any info, too.

Scott See
www.hammock.net

Reaction score
Mark,

I'll post below the email I just sent the client I was working for in my search to get info from Goldmine to Outlook...

------------------------- begin email ----------------------------

Boy, this was hard to find.

I've never searched so hard for something and come up with so little. There were even not-so-funny jokes about data from Outlook to Goldmine being a one-way-street. And lots of people posting, "How do I get email from Goldmine to Outlook?" on the newsgroups with absolutely no followup replies.

Many of the utilities I did find, specifically say, "...does not move email from Goldmine to Outlook."

I did find...

http://cicorp.com/prices/#DataConversion

I called 800-DATAA1OK and talked to Rick. It seems his company is perhaps the only company out there doing this, or at least specializing in getting info back into Outlook.

Probably best to call him and get specific info on what folders need to be zipped up and sent to him. Then he can quote how much it would cost to dump everything, contacts, calendar, email, to-do, history, and so on into an Outlook pst file and make it available for download.

It won't be as cheap/easy as running a $19 utility I had hoped to find, but my gut reaction is that this is the way to go if you want to get everything transferred over.

Scott

----------------------------- end email ----------------------------

These guys have a monopoly on Goldmine to Outlook conversion from what I can tell.

Hope this helps.

Scott See
www.hammock.net

Reaction score
Mark,
I'll post below the email I just sent the client I was working for in my search to get info from Goldmine to Outlook...I did find...
cicorp.com/prices/DataConversion
I called 800-DATA-1OK (800-3282-165) and talked to Rick. It seems his company is perhaps the only company out there doing this, or at least specializing in getting info back into Outlook.

Yes, we are very happy to help anyone get their Contacts, Calendar, History, Notes, and email messages from Goldmine to Outlook. We have developed a procedure to get all the details, and look forward to being of service.
Rick Shaddock ConvertInfo.com 800-328-2165

Ask a Question