Microsoft...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm still happily using XP and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future...
So they can shove it...;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I spend/spent lots on hardware because it improves the performance of my system, Vista currently does not...yet, when it does I will happily purchase it. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Vista - also known as Me II

And that, to me, sums it up.

Seems to me MS are pulling every low down dirty trick in the book to make people buy an Operating system that is vastly overpriced, resource hungry and which only gives a few twists and turns extra to a GUI perfected by XP.

Ever wondered why XP lasted six years? It was half way decent, that's why.

The whole damn thing came home to me when Halo 2 was only made to run on Vista. A shameless carrot and stick scenario that made me swear to hold out as long as possible with XP.

As the guy who wrote that article said:

Sadly, I will admit that I did upgrade. I went from XP to Ubuntu and bought a Wii. Life could not be better now, gaming is fun again, and spyware is a distant memory.

S'about right, maybe an option, actually, just not quite ready for gamepad only though :(

PcLinuxOS2007 actually does almost everything Windows can do, all except Games.

Anybody would think Bill Gates needed the money - he doesn't.

'Hey, hello, my name's Bill, I've had a rethink, y'all can buy Windows Vista Ultimate for £30.00, we'll have all drivers and patches sorted out within a month and co-operate fully with all hardware manufacturers.

'That way, we'll sell millions of copies of Vista and actually make more money than our previous marketing strategy and not have to worry about pirated editions'

Yes, in your dreams.... ;)

Ask a Question